Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Urgent Help with after effects! please help me solve this problem A.S.A.P

Apr 20, 2012 2:31 PM

Well.. after effects cs5.5 loads up perfectly fine.. if i dont do any editing at all it is fine. But once i start editing it's goes all fine for about 30 seconds.. for example if i want to use the green brush  tool.. it works etc but then suddenly it freezes. when i try and use the tool it wont do anything! the hole thing freezes then i have to do ctrl + alt + delete.. It keeps saying not responding.  I need urgent help.. i don't know why it keeps doing it! it does it when I use anything but it just freezes.. my pc is a gaming pc pretty good.. dual core etc 64bit! also dont say that my pc isnt good enough because it is! i could use cs4 on my laptop and that was alot lower specifications.. ive updated my nvidia drivers etc..  Someone please help, I miss my editing .

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 17, 2012 10:53 AM   in reply to garrysmodrules@hotmail.co

You're not telling us anything. What is a "good" PC? What's good for gaming must in no way be suitable for professional work. Tell us the system specs in more detail, including settings for screen resolution etc. And also get your terminology straight - WTF is a "green brush"? In all my years of using AE I have never seen a brush icon with that color. Could be that you are referring to Rotobrush, could be the normal paint tools. Again, you need to be more clear about what you are actually doing.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 17, 2012 12:00 PM   in reply to garrysmodrules@hotmail.co

Rotobrush didn't become available until AE 10, aka CS5.  You have a 64-bit application, but only 4 gigs of memory.  That's a pitifully small amount these days.  I'd recommend 16 gigs if you'd like to use multiprocessing.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 17, 2012 12:28 PM   in reply to garrysmodrules@hotmail.co

....and again, I'm going to tell you that 4 gigs isn't enough for AE CS 5.5.  Turn off multiprocessing and leave it off until you get more RAM.  

At work I have a dual quad-core machine and 8 gigs of memory, and I don't use multiprocessing,  At home I also have a dual quad-core machine... but with 24 gigs.  Multiprocessing works fine there.

And never use Open GL Acceleration for rendering.  It's so bad to use that Adobe took the option of using Open GL for rendering right out of AE CS6.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 17, 2012 12:47 PM   in reply to garrysmodrules@hotmail.co

You'll find the multiprocessing settings in AE Preferences.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 17, 2012 1:00 PM   in reply to garrysmodrules@hotmail.co

Multiprocessing COULD be the problem, but we just don't have enough information to make a good diagnosis.

Here's a list of the information you can provide that will help us help you:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/961743

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points