Skip navigation
nbs1974
Currently Being Moderated

Does Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle Thunderbolt work with Flash Media Live Encoder 3.2??

Apr 17, 2012 11:43 AM

I have a Mac Mini and am wanting to Run Flash Media Live Encoder 3.2 but I NEED a Capture Card device that would be recognized or basically work with FMLE 3.2 ???

Thanks for your Help

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 4, 2012 9:10 PM   in reply to nbs1974

I just bought it on Amazon (2 day delivery) and I will be able to confirm this on June 8.

I also write blackmagic just now if they tested it or could test it so I had a little peace of mind while I wait even just two days, because I've researched for weeks and this appears to be the only solution.

Evan

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 5, 2012 7:20 AM   in reply to nbs1974

Yes it does work fine. We use it since a few month now.

Be aware that you will need a powerfull Mac as our MacBookPros (17 inch 2.2Ghz core i7 2011) can only webcast to 350k bitrate and in low res.

It uses more than 3/4 of the CPU to webcast in low res and low bit rates, wit higher bit rates, it starts to show a delay in the preview window and starts dropping frames.

Fast moving objects don't look fluid with higher bit rates.

Regards

Renaud DEGUENT

Webcast Operational Manager

Liquid Stream

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 7, 2012 6:29 PM   in reply to oooproductions

Well, I have my XH A1 Canon video camera hooked up to Shuttle Thundbolt as composite and the thunderbolt to my Macbook Pro (Late 2011 - 2.4GHz, i7, 16GB Ram) and FLM 3.2 does not see my camera.

When I hook my same camera up to my Windows i7, 2.8Ghz, 8GB Ram using my "Hauppauge capture card" as composite it can see my camera.

I'm going to try a simple VHS tape deck and see if my macbook pro can see it using the Shuttle Thunderbolt. I'm going to guess and say it won't.

I installed the drivers as well.

Evan

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points