Skip navigation
bridge pro
Currently Being Moderated

Adobe ExportPDF

Apr 17, 2012 12:15 PM

Tags: #how_to #exportpdf #conversion_problem

The Adobe ExportPDF is not working as easy as I hoped.  I have been trying all day to convert a PDF into a Word & Excel document. Only part of the document converts.  The Excel conversion is a mess as the spacing is way off.  Please help.

Replies
  • David Kastendick
    3,219 posts
    Apr 7, 2010
    Apr 18, 2012 10:23 AM   in reply to bridge pro

Good day,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble.  If your documents already have renderable (selectable) text, I would recommend trying your conversions with OCR turned off.  To do this, uncheck the 'Recognize scanned text in' checkbox prior to uploading your file for conversion.  If the formatting in your converted documents is off, it's important to know that the quality of the output from the service is tied to the quality of the input.  You can learn more here: Will Adobe ExportPDF convert both text and formatting information?

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Kind regards,

David

|
    Mark as:
  • David Kastendick
    3,219 posts
    Apr 7, 2010
    Apr 27, 2012 4:00 PM   in reply to bridge pro

Good day Paula,

To turn off the OCR function, when you convert your file, uncheck the 'Recognize scanned text in:' checkbox. 

ExportPDF doesn't have any sort of interface with scanners itself.  Many scanner manufacturers have the option to scan directly to PDF though.  For these files, you'll want to OCR the documents though, otherwise the conversion to Excel will simply be an image.

Kind regards,

David

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points