Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Export files to disk or CD

Apr 17, 2012 11:56 PM

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 18, 2012 12:08 AM   in reply to Community Help

How can I have LR4 Export get rid of the annoying -Edit suffixes Lightroom had put onto some of the files that I touched up? I want to export using the original file names, not the original names plus an occasional -Edit suffix just because I happened to bring those particular files into Nik or Photoshop.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 6, 2012 10:27 AM   in reply to naturalturn

You can be glad to get it export the image and rename it. I tried the option "overwrite without warning" in the original folder, but no export is done at all! I'm stuck I dont want both images only the edited ones. Can anybody help.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 6, 2012 12:06 PM   in reply to naturalturn

Preferences>External Editing>Edit External File Naming: and then you change the additional "-Edit" text in the File Renaming Template.

You, of course, realize that you will be potentially writing over the top of your files... Not the best for a non-destructive workflow but it is a User choice.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 9, 2012 2:28 PM   in reply to Rikk Flohr

Thanks, I would never find that place I don’t now what “overwrite without warning” means then.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 25, 2012 5:20 AM   in reply to Community Help

It would be great if we could have more custom options for video export - for instance, a dvd sized export would be great (I mostly archive my home videos at dvd resolution because they take less space).

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 3, 2013 6:48 PM   in reply to Community Help

(New to Mac, bear with me) When I try to export to a specified file, which is located on an external hard drive, the file says 'un-writeable'

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points