Skip navigation
Corrode
Currently Being Moderated

Error: "Please connect to the internet to continue" when trying to install Muse

Apr 18, 2012 11:07 AM

Tags: #muse #adobe_muse #won't_install #doesn't_recognize_internet_connection

I just downloaded Muse and have been trying to install it. I have the muse shortcut on my desktop and when I click to start it up it gets stuck trying to connect to the internet. I have tried this on a wireless and hard wired connection but no luck. The error message that I am receiving is:

Please connect to the internet to continue

Your computer seems to be offline. An internet connection is required. Please connect to the internet and try again.

I can pull up web pages and do other stuff everytime I hit the retry button but for some reason it is not recognizing my internet connections. If anyone knows how to fix this please let me know, your help would be greatly appreciated.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 18, 2012 4:37 AM   in reply to Corrode

This came up before on the previous forum, check out this link and see if it helps you. If firewall software is blocking Muse from contacting Adobe, that could cause such this kind of error message.

Check that your Firewall and Antivirus software will allow connections to Adobe's servers.

http://support.muse.adobe.com/muse/topics/problem_sign_in_muse_7

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 18, 2012 11:06 AM   in reply to Corrode

Hi Corrode,

As Morgan also indicated, this error can be caused by your firewall settings, antivirus or spyware/malware prevention software. Muse needs to be able to create an https connection to Adobe to verify your AdobeID. If firewall or spyware/malware prevention software is blocking Muse from creating such a connection that could cause this error message.

Please try disabling any firewall or spyware/malware utilities let us know if this resolves the problem.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points