Skip navigation
czar530
Currently Being Moderated

How do you play sound through a multi page PDF without having the floating player window?

Apr 18, 2012 7:17 AM

Tags: #sound #continuous

I want to be able to have a sound file automatically starting playing at the beginning of a PDF presentation and continue through the end of the presenation, however the only answer I have found so far to do this is to have the "play content in floating window" option picked in advanced options. Is there really NO OTHER WAY to have your sound play through out all slides? I want to open the PDF in full screen mode and have the sound start playing and not have to deal with the floating window. If anyone has any idea how to do this, I would very much like to know how.

Thanks!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 18, 2012 1:55 PM   in reply to czar530

Don't use "floating", and use "play in page" instead. You have to see the playbar on the first page, but at least you don't see it on every page.

Unfortunately, the new Acrobat is not very friendly to those of us who use sound in our PDFs. For some strange reason Adobe crippled audio features in Acrobat and decided that PDFs MUST have a visible playback bar even when they make our creations look terrible. (sigh)

You can check our Steve's article on a work around if you use InDesign.

Hiding Sound Files in an Interactive PDF

Your best bet may be reverting to an older version of Acrobat that actually worked, like CS3.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points