Skip navigation
Canutoelbruto
Currently Being Moderated

How to get off tool mode?

Apr 18, 2012 8:16 AM

I am totally new with Elements 10 in a MAC. My question is: How do I get off a "tool" once I engage it?

I do not know how to get back to be "tool-free" on my cursor, once I engage a tool.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 18, 2012 8:54 AM   in reply to Canutoelbruto

You will always have a tool selected at any given point of time with Elements; don't let the fact that a tool is selected bother you. When you switch in order to do something, that is all that matters.

-Mark

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 18, 2012 12:23 PM   in reply to Canutoelbruto

That requires learning the various selection tools in Elements, then using them well. You could google 'selections in Photoshop Elements', or read the help system's overview of selection tools.

Since we're talking about googling for more information, often just learning the terminology for a given technique or tool can be helpful. The word to describe moving a part of an image onto another image (what you are asking about) is 'Compositing' or 'Composite'. Work that word into your google search and you're sure to find plenty of helpful hints on how to use the various selection tools. If you see a Photoshop tutorial, my guess would be that 80% of the tutorials involve selection tools or techniques that are in Elements, too; most tools (not all) are in both.

If you run into trouble and have a specific question, we're here to help.

-Mark

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points