Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updating Administrative installation on Reader X

Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2012 Apr 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I have successfully installed Reder 10.1.1 using an AIP and pushed it via GPO. Since them I am unable to update to 10.1.2 and 10.1.3

I have created new AIP and installed the new patch. When is on new system that does not have 10.1.1 there is no problem installing, but if it has existing 10.1.1 installation it fails.

I have removed the GPO but selected to keep the existing package.

Any suggestions will be great.

Thanks

TOPICS
Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 23, 2012 Apr 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

While installing any AIP over an existing installation, please ensure that the existing application installation is uninstalled.

Please follow the following steps to ensure the same:

1. Create a new 10.1.2 AIP as you have done and create a new package for the same.

2. Unlink the existing 10.1.1 AIP package from your OU.

3. Link the newly created 10.1.2 AIP package to the same OU.

This will ensure that the existing installation is removed prior to installing the new AIP (as long as you have selected the "Uninstall this application when it falls out of the scope of management" checkbox while creating the package.

The following document has more information regarding the same:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/837/cpsid_83709/attachments/Acrobat_Enterprise_Administration.pdf

Hope this heps

Ankit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2012 Apr 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ankit,

Thanks for the input. I have used the same document but ther is nothing mentioned about removing/uninstalling the previous version. Adobe did not do well with those patches at all. Currently I am doing the same as you have advised:

1) Removing the existing installation

2) Populating the new one

But it is not convenient and Adobe's manual claims you can reuse the AIP, but it does not work.

Many thanks for the input.

Georgi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2012 Apr 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Enterprise Deployment forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines