• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make video play therefore continiue playing to the next frame?

Apr 18, 2012 Apr 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, ok im trying to explain now Im doing my school project, im creating a website, I do it in layers, I hav eall the pages set up and the coding is done, so I have the stop code for the end of each page so it doesn't continiue to others. The problem is I have created the loading page after it runs I have imported the video it plays but the stop action makes it stop by the end and it doesnt continiue to next page, I know that I can make a button so when clicked it directs to next page but i was curious is there anyway to do it without it?

Work is done In Actionscript 3, sorry for messy explanation.

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a stop() at the end of each page (in this case a video) then you should expect it to stop. Don't use a stop(), and it won't stop..

What I presume is you have your video embedded in a MovieClip in your library. You stuck that clip on a single frame and let it play. If that's the case when the video is complete the clip needs to tell its "parent" to play.

So if that's the case, add a layer to the top of the video and on the last frame add a keyframe with this script:

stop();

MovieClip(this.parent).play();

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok ill try i just was thinking it would not let it play and will just continiue to the next page, just I have some problems with program couldnt test myself therefore had to ask for help thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just post back if it has issues. You're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well my imported video is on a keyframe and I havent converted it to symbol like movieclip or so i have added the coding like you have said and i get this error.

TypeError: Error #1034: Type Coercion failed: cannot convert flash.display::Stage@34d26f99 to flash.display.MovieClip.

at AppliedIct_fla::MainTimeline/frame120()[AppliedIct_fla.MainTimeline::frame120:3]

Maybe I jujst did something stupid, sorry im still new in flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 19, 2012 Apr 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Explain to me the process you used to import the video. You can do it multiple ways and the way you choose to import it makes the difference.

I presumed you imported it "into a movieclip". If that's so then you'd have a library item and if you double click to view its contents you would see your video take up as many frames as it needs along the timeline. Is this the case? If so then this is where you'd do what I mentioned above.

If you imported your video directly to the timeline without putting it in a movieclip (which is an option during import) then that's different. Let me know how you imported it or post a screenshot of your timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines