Skip navigation
T.HansenDFJ
Currently Being Moderated

LiveCycle Static PDF Form Completion

Apr 18, 2012 1:30 PM

Tags: #adobe #data #ios #forms #ipad #livecycle #reader #form #ipad2 #loss #dropbox

Hi!

I have created a static PDF document that I would like to complete on Reader for IOS (10.2) and subsequently transfer utilizing DropBox. When the PDF is completed in Reader and transfered to DropBox, all of the values are disappearing from the fields. Is this a known issue with the 10.2 blog post discussing iOS Reader not supporting LiveCycle forms??

Thanks for the help!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 19, 2012 1:28 AM   in reply to T.HansenDFJ

Hi usaf2000,

It might be the case that the app you're using to view the fields doesn't support viewing of those fields, so could you confirm that you can still see the fields in Adobe Reader if you re-open the same file again?

Thanks,

Gaurav

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 19, 2012 7:26 AM   in reply to T.HansenDFJ

After uploading it to Drobpox, are you viewing it in the DropBox app on the iPad, or another Viewer? The DropBox app does not support viewing filled in forms. However, if you open it in another application from Dropbox (like the Desktop Adobe Reader, the iOS Adobe Reader), you should see the filled in values.

Pat

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 19, 2012 8:07 AM   in reply to T.HansenDFJ

T.HansenDFJ,

I apologize - I missed the LiveCycle part of your question and focused JUST on form. We don't support filling of LiveCycle forms in the mobile Reader. This is something we've considered, but it hasn't been prioritized for a release. We've favored classic Acroforms because they represent a much larger portion of forms "in the wild" even though we know a large number of Adobe customers use LiveCycle forms too.

Thanks again for your question and clarification and I apologize for the confusion.

Pat

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2012 4:42 AM   in reply to Pat Wibbeler

Could I please intrude into this thread, as I have a related question concerning a form created in Acrobat X, not LC.   Is it possible to get the form into Dropbox (or similar) from within reader 10.2. 

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2012 7:19 AM   in reply to Newlands33

If you use the "share menu" (the box with the arrow), you can choose "open in". If you have dropbox installed, you can choose dropbox. This will launch dropbox and you can choose the location to which you will upload the file. If you choose "open in" and do not see dropbox, you may have to scroll the menu using an up/down swipe gesture.

Pat

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2012 7:39 AM   in reply to Pat Wibbeler

Installing it first, eh.  Now why didn't I think of that.

Thanks very much indeed.  I have posted a rather fuller account of my various issues at http://forums.adobe.com/message/4408527#4408527.  You've answered question 3, but if you have any brigfht ideas on the others that would be very welcome.

Regards

Ross

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2012 12:36 PM   in reply to T.HansenDFJ

Have you tried Readdle's PDF expert? It should work for your needs to fill a static form and have it communicate with dropbox. We currently use it but email the forms back and forth uploading them to the ipad to have more security. It will keep the information in the fields.

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2012 3:02 PM   in reply to thatpdfgirl

Thanks.  I haven't, as we are pretty committed to the Android route and I  think this product is IOS only?  But I'll look.  Can it handle forms with dropdown lists. What about form templates and handling in-form calculation/javascript?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points