Skip navigation
quanvision
Currently Being Moderated

black source screen when moving project from macbook pro to mac pro with blackmagic decklink card

Apr 19, 2012 1:13 AM

Tags: #black #premiere #screen #5.5 #source

Hi all,

I have a very strange problem. I have been editing newly shot footage on my macbook pro (premiere 5.5) during a trip. When getting back home i wanted to continue the project on my desktop, a mac pro and copied all the files and reconnected the media files in the project and ready to continue i thought. However i cannot see the single clips anymore in the source screen. The timeline is visible however so when i open a clip in te source screen i see black but when i than move it into the timeline i can suddenly see it. Stange thing is also that when i start a new project in premiere and i newly load the clips the same problem occurs. All the footage i loaded previously on my laptop into premiere is no longer viewable on my desktop premiere. On the desktop a blackmagic card is installed. Could somebody please help me out?? Thanks!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 24, 2012 11:52 AM   in reply to quanvision

What codec is the material and what do you have the media player set to on your Mac Pro in Adobe?

Eric

ADK

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points