Skip navigation
rbengtsson1
Currently Being Moderated

Pen pressure randomly drops out in Photoshop

Apr 19, 2012 5:18 AM

Tags: #photoshop #intuos #wacom #intuos_4

I am using an Intuos4 tablet and the pen pressure randomly stops working in photoshop (cs5.5).

Had a bamboo before and the same thing happened there. I have the latest driver installed (tried with older as well), tried different usb ports and different usb wire.

Sometimes it works only a few seconds sometimes 5-10min (never more though) before the pen pressure stops working. And when it does it just stops working, I get the warning triangle in the brush window, then randomly it comes back for a few strokes before it stops wokring again.

I'm on a pc. I've tried using photoshop cs1 and also photoshop 7. The same thing happens there.

The problem didnt start untill I plugged in my old bamboo into the same computer after having installed the drivers etc for the intuos4.

Ive also tried switching the tip of the pen.

Nothing works. What can I do?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 19, 2012 10:02 PM   in reply to rbengtsson1

This always gets traced back to 3 things: bad pens, bad tablets (usually a broken cable), and bad drivers.

If you didn't follow Wacom's instructions on removing the old driver, then you may not have updated the driver correctly.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 22, 2012 2:34 PM   in reply to rbengtsson1

Yes, but you'll need to talk to Wacom and have them walk you through it (I don't know where all their settings are stored).

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points