Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Multi language brochure

Apr 19, 2012 8:37 AM

Tags: #language #multi_language

I'm gearing up to build a new brochure for release as a Single Edition. My client wants readers to be able to choose between English, Dutch, French and Spanish.

I could create overlays with the different languages, but that would mean the reader would have to re-select their langage for every page and page-view.

Is there a way for the reader to choose a preferred language once and have the viewer commit to that until a new language is specified?

If it's not possible now, can you tell me if such a funtionality is underway?

Thank you,

Evert

Replies
  • Casey Jensen
    293 posts
    May 4, 2011
    Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 19, 2012 1:57 PM   in reply to Evert Krooswijk

Do you have the ability to use a multi-folio viewer? That's probably the best way to accomplish this as of now (Build separate folios for each language.)

Otherwise, I can't think of a way to pass information such as the language to another page without designing via HTML/JS.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 19, 2012 2:50 PM   in reply to Evert Krooswijk

With Single Edition you have to create an app per each language. Then, for distribution, you can name them MyApp EN, MyApp NL etc. and even differentiate the icons. Then you can distribute all the apps worldwide (in all stores), or put each version in relevant store.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 28, 2012 3:07 AM   in reply to Evert Krooswijk

I've having the same issue and I'm not able to find a different method rather than using smart objects.

Some have find a different solutions?

Thanks

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points