Skip navigation
jzporath
Currently Being Moderated

Coordinating micro-payments for non-profit donations via dps app

Apr 19, 2012 10:46 AM

Tags: #in-app #purchase #single_edition #donation #non-profit

Hi all,

Just wondering if there are any thoughts about how to coordinate in-app donations (let's say $5 or under) for a DPS app we are developing for a non-profit.  On one of the pages, we have a donation button that currently launches the in-app browser to the non-profit's donation page.  However, we are trying to come up with more streamlined ways of allowing people to donate.

One thought was to allow for micro donations through iTunes via a DPS single edition app.  Possible?

I would appreciate any feedback.  Thanks!

Jason

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 19, 2012 1:54 PM   in reply to jzporath

Would creating the donation system as HTML, then bringing it into DPS as a desgin element work instead of launching the in app browser work for you? We have a few apps that needed forms in them, but wanted them to work on the page. So we created them as HTML files and then brought them into the page layout. Works great.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 20, 2012 3:44 PM   in reply to jzporath

Dream weaver is my go to for my clients. At work our web guys will generate them for me on the fly. They use a site, sorry I don't know the name, that quickly generates forms. I like DW because I feel it gives me more control over the look and feel.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 21, 2012 7:05 AM   in reply to Lukeymonster

Dreamweaver is certainly the industry standard, but I think I'd be tempted to have a custom page on the web for this and then put it into a web overlay.

You could have a poster image there for anyone not on the internet.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 21, 2012 8:14 AM   in reply to Bob Levine

Bob,

Would you just design that particular HTML piece at the size you plan on the overlay in the layout. I have a client that has a reward point system for his resturants. The piece is already built on his site. Could I have a developer alter that design as a separate piece. So if I want a 300x200 box in the layout for this point system, I could just tweak the design to fit that size?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 21, 2012 8:25 AM   in reply to Lukeymonster

Yes, that’s what I was thinking.

Bob

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status