Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Can LR3 External Editor Run on Multiple Selected Images?

Apr 20, 2012 5:20 AM

Tags: #lr3 #lightroom3 #editor #edit_in #lightroom3.6 #external_editor

I'm using LR3.6. Haven't upgraded to 4.1 yet.  I created a PS droplet that I want to use in my LR Externa Editor.  Everything works fine as far as calling the droplet from LR.  However, when I select multiple images in LR, then go to external editor and select "Edit In <droplet name>", wait for the "What do Edit" dialogue box, select "Edit a copy with LR adjustments" and hit "edit", it only takes the very first highlighted image in the selection into PS to run the droplet/actions.  Even if I just choose the droplet name as an external editor preset (instead of the "Edit in" option), it still only applies to the first image in the highlighed selection.

On occassions I get lucky and get it to work for multiple images but I can never get it to work again.  For instace, I tried it from the Library module (instead of the develop module) and it worked  flawlessly.  On the next set of images,  I could not get it to work again.

Any ideas?  I really need to be able to run this over night.  By the way, I know that I can use the droplet on Export, but I really want to round trip my images from LR to PS and back into LR without having to Export, run droplet and reimport.

Thanks

Staci

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 20, 2012 8:41 AM   in reply to StaciELP

Could you share your droplet with use to test? Send it to bnemecek [AT] Adobe [DOT] com.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 24, 2012 5:03 PM   in reply to Brett N

Thanks for sending the Droplet for testing. From what I could tell, everything is working on my side. As you mention, this behavior appears to be intermittent (sometimes works, sometimes not). This suggests there is something going on beyond the droplet, LR, or PS. Most likely, it has something to do with the files you are trying to edit themselves. Are you working with all files from a single camera, or at least a single file type? If not, try testing with all the files in the same format, from the same camera and see if you run into more success.

If the files are all essentially the same, try running LR, the droplet, and Photoshop in this workflow from a new user account, in a new Lightrom catalog.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 25, 2012 9:50 AM   in reply to StaciELP

If this happens across multiple catalogs, but it used to work universally, then the next thing to look at is your user account. Try running from a new user account and see if the behavior persists.

And as a note, I first tested with just a single file to verify things were working correctly. After that succeeded, I didn't do a select all, but just a small group, like 5 or 6. The process worked the same, all files were processed.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points