Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Process for contact form inquiry case management

Apr 21, 2012 7:44 AM

Tags: #customer_inquiry_process

Gday BC users

I have a client who is keen to use BC email the way BC intends it to be used. However, I have not got a good explanation of how this is done.

For example, when a customer submits a contact form enquiry, my client receives a workflow notification, who then opens the secure link which takes him directly into the case.

He then uses the BC reply from within that case area. Then the original customer receives the replied email with a chance to 'reply above this line' and start a thread of emails. After the customer does reply, the subsequent emails only occur within the email clients, and not BC. Is this to be expected? I thought all emails would  be kept within the database, and a thread would take place that is on record within BC.

Can anyone point me to a page that explains the process that the BC system intends the client to perform?

cheers

Darryl

Replies
  • Liam Dilley
    6,693 posts
    Feb 28, 2012
    Apr 21, 2012 5:19 PM   in reply to scratchmybrain

Hi there Darryl,

The emails are now replies, same thing happens in systems like basecamp. If you go to the case you should see the messages there.

One thing to note is do not treat things as "BC system intends the client to peform" NO system should force a client into a way of running. Yep a system works as it works and you as a business help your clients business not just their site to mould and improve into their new setup but the system is not like "DO IT THIS WAY". You got a number of ways you can run it and it is all dependent on the clients needs and how they prefer to do things. You can not even reply in Business catalyst if you like and your client just run from the workflow email without logging into BC if they choose to do it that way.

It is up to them and yourself on how you from their workflow with the website which suits them the best.

|
    Mark as:
  • mario_gudelj
    1,679 posts
    Oct 13, 2010
    Apr 22, 2012 12:47 AM   in reply to scratchmybrain

We use our CST in support and this should certainly work. Please submit a detailed case with support and they will help you troubleshoot this.

Cheers,

Mario

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 7, 2012 5:38 AM   in reply to scratchmybrain

Hi Darry,

Can you share how you got that fixed?

Customer is using Google Apps email.

Thx.

Lalit

|
    Mark as:
  • Liam Dilley
    6,693 posts
    Feb 28, 2012
    Jun 12, 2012 7:16 PM   in reply to scratchmybrain

What I meant was the system has a system url email from basecamp. The odd client we have replies to an email, writes things and expects us to recieve it. We do not because it goes to the system used from email to send the email out and does not go to us at all or stored in the system.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points