Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Merge to HDR Pro and Camera Raw stop working...

Apr 22, 2012 3:39 PM

I have been noticing for the past few days that two aspects of PS CS6 completely stop working. Those are Merge to HDR Pro and Camera Raw 7.0. What happens is I can see a photo yet no changes take place no matter what I change, I try zooming, I try changing settings, nothing at all changes. At one point Merge to HDR Pro would not let me cancel or click okay to do anything. To solve this problem I must reboot PS. Merge to HDR Pro this problem keeps happening, with Camera Raw I have seen this issue twice so far.

I am running Windows XP (SP3).

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 23, 2012 11:18 AM   in reply to Lynda Spangler

Can you cut and paste your system information from photohsop  help>system info into this thread so we can see your system and memory details?

Pattie

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 23, 2012 5:29 PM   in reply to Lynda Spangler

Hi Lynda,

I see you're running 32-bit Win XP and having trouble with Merge to HDR.

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble.

A similar discussion regarding 32-bit Win XP with Merge to HDR is going on here.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4339337#4339337

Here is my response from that thread:

There are some 32-bit XP-specific issues we're addressing before shipping that are related to memory.

I'm pretty sure that's the issue you're running into. I'm sorry for the trouble it's causing you.

Here are some suggestions to work around the issue. In the meantime, we'll work on helping XP-32 & Photoshop play nicely.

• Try a different memory setting (65%-ish. Try to give Photoshop ~1G and leave the rest to the system). Restart.
    • Quit unnecessary applications.
    • Try quitting Bridge and running Merge to HDR from File > Automate > Merge to HDR
    • Other things to test out in the Performance Preference panel

•  Try a larger or the largest Tile Size - you've got it set to smallest. Not sure which is better for this case.         •  Try lowering History States to 5.  Other, less likely, suspects:

• Corrupt prefs: Reset preference file: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4209421#4209421
    • Same-named drive: Be sure there is no other directory is named identically to a folder in the Photoshop app path.
    • Conflict with "Open Documents as Tabs = OFF" Prefrence (Interface) setting.

Please let us know what ends up working best for your system.

Thanks,

Meredith

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points