• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to update options in web apps add/edit form for a data source field?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2012 Apr 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created two web apps.

1- ABC

2- XYZ

In XYZ, I have created a data source field(ABC). I want my customers can add/edit ABC and XYZ web app items. I have a page for both where we have form for adding/creating web app items. If we add some ABC web app item it does not shown in "XYZ" form. What to do to make the form automatically updated and sync with ABC web app items?

Please help,

Thanks for your time,

Imran

TOPICS
Web apps

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Apr 23, 2012 Apr 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Imran,

The data source, on the web app item creation form, unfortunately isn't populated dynamically. So, you'd have to add new items manually in this case. I believe this is on the wishlist and I encourage you to vote for it http://www.businesscatalyst.com/wish-list/list-public

Cheers,

Mario

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 11, 2012 Dec 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Mario, is there any progress with this? I know there are big things happening with web apps in 2013 and was wondering if this was on the list?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 15, 2013 Jul 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any progress on this Mario?

also, the 'wish-list' link goes to a 404 page, does this live some where now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 07, 2013 Jan 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tim,

You can do this with a workaround. First, create a custom list template and write:

<option value="{tag_itemid}">{tag_name_nolink}</option>

Next, replace the option elements in your dropdown with the module (of course, use your own webapp id and template url):

<select name="CAT_Custom_294547">
     <option value="">-- Please select --</option>
     {module_webapps,18235,a template="/Layouts/WebApps/my_web_app/list_dropdown.tpl",,,,true,500,,1}
</select>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 05, 2014 Mar 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adam

What a great workaround.

It works fine in my web app but I have a question.

I am making a "job" database where we can add all of the jobs/assignments we are working on so it gives us an overview.

So i am using it to load out clients from a seperate web app. The problem is that if i want to edit or show the content of that tag it

can't display it. I am thinking that it can't save the option selected because the field i have made for this dont have these values.

My question is what kind of field do you use, in your example "<select name="CAT_Custom_294547">".

I have tried with a dropdown, but it can't save the option selected, and as i said i think it is because the option dont exist in the

field i am trying to save it to.

I hope this makes sense and there is a solution for this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have solved most of the problems, but in the edit template it wont load the value already selected in that dropdown.

The problem is that then i need to select it again every time.

I am using the dropdown for client, and i use the edit template to register the hours spend on the assignment.

The problem is that it loads the option values into the dropdown, but the one selected when i made the web app item

is not selected.

Any ideas or tips?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

The selection will have to be set with js. I don't often advocate putting scripts inline, but this is one way to do it:

<select name="CAT_Custom_294484">
     <option value=" ">-- Please select --</option>
     {module_webapps,18235,a template="/Layouts/WebApps/my_web_app/list_dropdown.tpl",,,,true,500,,1}
     <script>$('option[value="{tag_appropriate tag}"]').attr("selected","selected");</script>
</select>

Probably a better way would be to add the tag to a data attribute, and then call your script from elsewhere:

<select class="myselect" name="CAT_Custom_294484" data-optionvalue="{tag_appropriate tag}">
     <option value=" ">-- Please select --</option>
</select>

<script>
     var myselect = $('.myselect');
     myselect.find('option[value="'+myselect.data('optionvalue')+'"]').attr('selected','selected');
</script>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

DAMN!

Another great fix!

Thanks a lot....

Is there any way to use this in the "web app search form" because it doesn't seem to be possible to use the datasource field for searching?

When i just used a dropdown with no datasource i could search on the assignments on the specific client, but that is not possible out of the box with datasource?

Any fix for this? I can live with "just" searching the job number which is already working!

EDIT: This was not a problem after all, I don't know why it didn't work the first time!

Thanks again Adam for your great workarounds, they are much appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines