Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Saving PDFs

Apr 23, 2012 7:26 AM

Branched to a new discussion.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 23, 2012 7:26 AM   in reply to Community Help

It's pretty annoying that I'm now given a half dozen options on which format to "save" as when I save just as a simple PDF file 99.999999999999999999999999% of the time.  Can we eliminate that second "save as" menu?

Ed

|
    Mark as:
  • George Johnson
    11,676 posts
    Aug 11, 2002
    Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 23, 2012 10:21 AM   in reply to Ed at DCMAasdfasdf

Consider using the keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl/Cmd+S for Save and Shift+Ctrl/Cmd+S for Save As

|
    Mark as:
    May 16, 2012 6:57 AM   in reply to Community Help

Option to Save as Reduced Size PDF in Acrobat 10 Pro greyed out. Security set to Off, so no restrictions. Any thoughts..?

|
    Mark as:
    May 16, 2012 9:51 AM   in reply to Ed at DCMAasdfasdf

They moved most of the various save options to the save as for ease of use. Sorry that you find it annoying. The Save As to a PDF also does additional processing that the Save does not. The Save does not remove unneeded information and often allows the PDF to bloat. I have seen folks complain about it growing by a factor of 2 or more with just a simple edit. The Save As usually resolves this issue. This process was not new to Acrobat, but was something that WORD did for a long time also. Don't know who started the trend.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 10, 2012 10:32 AM   in reply to Community Help

I am trying to save as a reduced size pdf, and adobe is telling me I don't have authority.  I'm then instructed to go to security settings, which tell me I have authority.  Can anyone help with this?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 10, 2012 8:06 PM   in reply to store5405

Is the PDF set as a PDF/A file. If so, that may be the issue. I think you can remove the PDF/A category with preflight and try again. (work on a copy)

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 5, 2012 4:43 AM   in reply to Community Help

Hi

I open a saved PDF - create text recognition - and want to save it again (CTRL S) with the same name, howver, I get the info that "this file is set to read-only. Try again with a different name". It's a normal scanned document and no special restrictions /settings has been made.

Who can help me?

Regards Bente

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 5, 2012 7:10 AM   in reply to Bente Yvonne

Sometimes files like this are automatically set to readonly. Right click on the file in Windows Explorer and check the readonly status.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points