Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Problems with 'Copy to' and 'Move to'

Apr 23, 2012 2:38 PM

When you want to move or copy a file, Bridge comes up with 10-20 suggestions of maps to copy/move your file to.

I think it would be reasonable to expect that when you have moved or copied files to the same map maybe 10 times, this map would show up among the 10 or 20 proposals - but no, no.

I would expect such stupid behaviour, if Bridge was manufactured by Microsoft, but it's not.

Can someone tell me what to do

Thanks

Replies
  • Omke Oudeman
    3,998 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 23, 2012 3:04 PM   in reply to Niels Graverholt

I think it would be reasonable to expect that when you have moved or copied files to the same map maybe 10 times, this map would show up among the 10 or 20 proposals - but no, no.

In general Bridge displays the list of 10 recent folders you have visited the last. In Bridge preferences general tab you can increase the number to custom wishes. However using the menu to move or copy does not mean you have displayed or visited the folders itself, you only pointed it as a location and hence this is not a recent visited folder I'm afraid.

But since you name MS stupid I take a wild guess your on a Mac?

Instead of using the menu or right mouse click use the folder panel and drag and drop the files on the folders in the list. Extend the panel for better overview and even create a custom workspace for it. Using drag and drop with option key copies the files to the new folders or locations.

There are plenty of workflows to create regarding your own custom wishes but when needing much moving and copying the folder panel will suite you best. When needing only a few folders many times drag those folders from the folder panel to your favorites panel. Place the panels above each other and you have a fast and easy workspace that suites your needs best.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 23, 2012 5:37 PM   in reply to Niels Graverholt

I hate finding a folder to copy to or move to if I am copying multilpe items to it.

So what I do is click on the folder I want it to go to and use back arrow to get me back where I was.  Then the folder I want to copy/move things to is in the 10 last visited places.

As you open diffenrent folders to copy stuff out of your target folder moves down the list.  Then you have to revisit to have it pop up to the top again.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points