Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

JSFL - PNG export bug in CS5.5, works in CS4 - 8000px limit

Apr 24, 2012 3:07 AM

Tags: #flash #cs5.5 #png #jsfl #export_to_png

We have a series of JSL scripts that export our ad banners in both SWG and GIF format. The GIFs are compiled by exporting each of the 3 frames of the SWF as PNG images then a .jsx script runs in Photoshop and compiles them into a GIF.

This all worked fine in Flash CS4. Running the script on FLAs in FLash CS5.5 produces this error at the PNG export stage:

The bitmap is too large. The largest bitmap that can be created is 8000x8000 pixels.

The line of code that triggers this error is:

fl.getDocumentDOM().exportPNG((pngPath+resName+".png"), true, false);

The path variables are fine and produce a valid path (see below). As you know the first boolean states whether to 'use current PNG export settings' (true) or to show the settings dialog on export (false). The second Boolean states whether to export only the current frame (true) or all frames in the SWF (false).

If I change the 'use current PNG export settings' to false and show the export dialog and OK the default values the export runs fine (which is how I know there is no issue with the export path).

Showing the dialog box on each export is not acceptable because we have over 10,000 of these banners to export over the next couple of months.

I'd like to know:

[1] Is this an actual bug?

[2] Can anyone suggest a workaround?

Replies

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points