Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Photoshop CS5.1 - Can't see my opened workspace.

Apr 24, 2012 4:42 AM

Tags: #photoshop #not #can't #visible #workspace #see

When I open photoshop, the workspace won't appear. It's layers show up on the layer menu, but the image and workspace are no where to be found. Entering full screen mode freezes. If i open photoshop and delete my settings, it fixes everything, but i am getting tired of setting all my settings back up every time i do this.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 24, 2012 4:50 AM   in reply to briflyer85

You seem to use the term »workspace« for something other than what is referred to as »Workspace« in Photoshop, possibly »document window«.

Could you please post a screenshot with the pertinent Panels visible?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 24, 2012 5:03 AM   in reply to briflyer85

Boilerplate-text:

Are Photoshop and OS fully updated and have you performed the usual trouble-shooting routines (trashing prefs by keeping command-alt-shift/ctrl-alt-shift pressed while starting Photoshop, 3rd party plug-ins deactivation, system maintenance, cleaning caches, font validation, etc.)?

Does turning off OpenGL in the Performance Preferences and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 24, 2012 5:22 AM   in reply to briflyer85

but the problem with trashing the prefs is that i get tired of always having to do it and then set my menus up the way i want them each time.

If you are talking about Panels you may want to look into Workspaces and if you indeed mean Menus you can save your settings (Edit > Menu). But naturally constantly trashing prefs is no solution.

Have you tried switching workspaces yet?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 27, 2012 3:01 PM   in reply to c.pfaffenbichler

hey i have photoshop cs5  and when i try to open a file it doesn't show in the open document space, i have tried everything. but when i move the top of the open document the photo shows but when i leave it still it disapears i really need help.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 27, 2012 3:24 PM   in reply to hiddenpurp

Capture.PNG

on the top left hand side where it say's mickey&jhonny that is the photo but it will not show

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 27, 2012 11:48 PM   in reply to hiddenpurp

What are your settings on tabbed view and Application Frame?

Does turning off OpenGL in the Performance Preferences and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue?

And by

i have tried everything.

you mean you have trashed the prefs etc.?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 5, 2012 9:38 AM   in reply to briflyer85

I have the same exact problem. The only solution I've found is to restart my computer. It definitely has nothing to do with workspace presets.

Here are my specs:

OSX 10.8.2

2.66 GHz Intel Core i7

4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

Intel HD Graphics 288 MB

|
    Mark as:
    May 8, 2013 5:41 PM   in reply to ssscranton

me too.. using a new retina MBP, and i suspect that there's a glitch handling multi monitors (i haven't had flawless dual screen performance, eg plugged in and gotten no response on the second monitor).  Restarting sorted the issue for me. 

PS doesn't seem to clever about multi monitors anyway, I've often found that fullscreen background won't extend to the bottom of the new screen when i plugin my external and i just need to restart PS.

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2013 5:53 PM   in reply to memeLab

okay, just found that I can avoid restarting my computer by toggling Energy > Automatic graphics switching. Mght be worth a try if you're having trouble...

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points