Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fancybox doesn't scroll in Chrome

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2012 Apr 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://www.mayakaimal.com/media-press

Click on "More" magazine cover. Fourth row, left column. If you scroll, it scrolls the page contents instead of the lightbox contents. I know this is  a javascript issue and not a BC issue, but any help you can offer will be greatly appreciated.

It works in all other browser/platform combos.

TOPICS
Web apps

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is very strange. I can't quite put my finger on it but it looks like there maybe an issue with your CSS for the fancybox inner and outer rules. See image:

Screen Shot 2012-04-24 at 3.22.36 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, the CSS has been overlay changed and the content is forcing that one to appear ad it does.

I am persona

Ly not a fan of fancy box much, prettyphoti and others have more fixes, controls etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Apr 25, 2012 Apr 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that you need to apply CSS clear on some element on the page. As soon as I try to inspect the image with Firebug or Chrome console it fixes tself. Or if I try to resize the browser window it will fix itself. The background scroll while the image is centered is a defualt behaviour.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 25, 2012 Apr 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Different CSS uses different definitions of clear and clearer. BC's clear is not the modern thought of clear above elements for example so it will mess up things if yu try to use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 27, 2012 Apr 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried changing margin: 0; to margin: 0 auto; on both inner and outer selectors, to no avail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Apr 29, 2012 Apr 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This one is really strange. The fancybox Javascript seems to be setting the inline left margin on that element to 592px. Once you resize the window it adjusts it to an appropriate size, which is around 300px. These figures will depend on your browser window width, but it's certainly that initial load that'scausing the issue and something in the way JS is reading the initial position of the element.

I wish I could do more for you, but I'm a bit out of my depth here. Perhaps someone from the community can help further.

maya1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 27, 2012 Apr 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, guys

Thanks for responses. With all the changes in Apple ID and switching forums, I LITERALLY lost the thread -- posts stopped coming to my Inbox, too.

I will be grateful if it IS a CSS change since that is a language I actually KNOW...

Someone on stackoverflow seemed to think it was a javascript call to "center", but, as Liam knows, I can't write js... so this question is still unanswered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines