Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Export from Lightroom to Flickr

Apr 24, 2012 4:43 PM

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 24, 2012 4:43 PM   in reply to Community Help

Dear Adobe: Since I opened my Flickr account in November, I have used Lightroom 3 to upload photos onto my account.  Meanwhile I upgraded to Lightroom 4.1RC and have been unable to upload to Flickr.  This error message appears:

Can’t update this collection.

An internal error has occurred: Error Domain=NSXMLParserErrorDomain Code=4 UserInfo=0x11c21c180 "Line 1: Document is empty

I cannot tell the source of the problem.  Flickr says it's an Adobe problem, not its.  Please explain what adjustments I must make to upload to Flickr using Lightroom 4.  Thanks.  David Hawkins 850.422.1475

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 24, 2012 5:00 PM   in reply to errormustbecorrected

The problem was reported as a bug 25 days ago when LR 4.1RC was released. I am waiting  for the final version of V 4.1 to rectify the issue.

Actually its the only issue I have with LR 4.1 RC.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 25, 2012 11:24 AM   in reply to Community Help

Some people have succesfully copied the ord flickr.lrplugin file from 4.0 or 3.6 and restarted LR with that file. It will fail the first time after that you can go and edit the settings where you have to redo the login info. Works for some people. Others get stuck because they cannot redo the login - including myself :-( Now I'm looking for a way to force the LR plugin to logoff from flickr. Good luck.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 26, 2012 5:54 PM   in reply to Maiaibing

This isue is now corrected for me withthe release of LR 4.1 RC2. Thanks Adobe.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 29, 2012 3:42 PM   in reply to DdeGannes

The installation of LR4 RC2 has not corrected the problem for me.  In fact I received the same error code noted in my Apr 24 email to Adobe, above, after installing RC2.  Moreover, today I received another error message stating "Can't update this collection.  Flickr authentication check failed."  Review of similar discussion threads has provided no guidance on a fix or workaround, beside waiting until Adobe releases the full version of 4.1.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 1, 2012 5:27 AM   in reply to errormustbecorrected

I get an error both in explorer and firefox that they are unable to open the page due to lightroom not being associated with any program.

had to reinstall due to crashed hard drive.

Lightroom not able to publish

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 11, 2012 10:54 AM   in reply to Community Help

This problem still exists in Lightroom 4.2. "Could not contact the Flickr web service. Please check your Internet connection." In my case DNS is lost and I have to reset my cable modem and router. I can log in to Flickr successfully before attempting to publish.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 12, 2012 1:22 PM   in reply to Community Help

Hi everbody. I'm having serious speed issues with LR 4.2 on top up2date monster hardware (it is not an export issue). Using the Flickr publish plugin it takes HOURS! to upload one file (16MP JPG, 99%) to my (pro!) account using LR 4.2. Upload via the usual flickr web service and other tools like uploadr is a matter of seconds, so the problem is not my DSL connection. It just display "Updating Published Collections - Updating Photostream" and crawls like a snail

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 12, 2012 6:09 PM   in reply to gclack3115

I upgraded my cable modem to SurfBoard 6121 and upload to Flickr ran like a scalded dog.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 13, 2012 3:58 AM   in reply to fox112

Wow, great, now it completely stopped working with: "Can't update this collection. An internal error has occured: Invalid at the top level of the document."

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 13, 2012 7:35 PM   in reply to Community Help

Due to a hard disk failure, I had to start using Lightroom on a new computer.  I moved my hard disk with my pictures and catalog to the new computer. I had a lot of Flickr photosets setup on my old computer (using the same catalog).  These do not seem to be available on the new computer.  I linked my Flickr account and tried to add a new photoset with the same name, but it says that name is already in use.  I don't see any way to sync Lightroom and Flickr with what I have already uploaded.  Is there away to do this in Lightroom 4.2?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 8, 2013 2:25 AM   in reply to fox112

Hi,

Did the Publish to Flickr upload speed issue get resolved in any way. I too am having serious problems with upload speed, my last upload took days! And yet if I use the standard web interface to upload, it takes mere minutes.

Anyone from Adobe looking at this?

Thanks,

Gareth

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 15, 2013 7:39 AM   in reply to Community Help

How do I change my Flickr account in Lightroom (I have several Flickr accounts)? There is a Change Account box under Lightroom Publishing Manager, Flickr Account but I can't click on it.

When I try to access a different Flickr account I get a message You can not change Flickr accounts on an existing publish connection. Please log in again with the account you used when you first created this connection.

Thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 16, 2013 8:16 PM   in reply to Community Help

Lightroom does this when logged on to flickr in an upload event:

Deleted Photos To Remove

When you press Delete to remove published photos from a photoset, Lightroom marks them as Deleted Photos To Remove. They are removed from the photoset in Lightroom and from Flickr the next time you click Publish.

I would like to toggle off the delete function so that there is no way - intentionally or not, to delete any images from flickr. Can this be done? If so, How?

photodrum

Fred LePiere

fwl.3@hotmail.com

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 14, 2013 9:56 AM   in reply to Community Help

I am trying to upload some photos to my Flickr from LR4, but the following error keeps showing up. Photos are not being uploaded, could someone advise what this means and how to get around it? Many thanks.

Can’t update this collection.

An internal error has occurred: Error Domain=NSXMLParserErrorDomain Code=76 "Line 200: Opening and ending tag mismatch: meta line 5 and head

" UserInfo=0x12fee7de0 {NSLocalizedDescription=Line 200: Opening and ending tag mismatch: meta line 5 and head

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points