Upgrade options after 1 year of CS6 Cloud

Apr 24, 2012 11:40 PM

Tags: #web #adobe #premium #creative #path #upgrade #cs6 #subscription #cloud

Hello,

I currently have CS5.5 Web Premium.

My understanding is that I can get

(option 1) CS6 Web Premium for $375

or

(option 2) Adobe Creative Cloud for a year for $359.88.

Let me state right off the bat that I don't need, nor want the rest of the CS apps, nor the cloud storage.

After a year, with option 1, I am in a stable situation. If CS6.5 comes out, I can choose whether or not to upgrade. And if the past is any indication, that upgrade would probably be about $375.

After a year, with option 2, the following year would cost $599.88.

So here's my question, if I cancel Adobe Creative Cloud after the first year, what would my upgrade price for CS6.5 be?

Or rather, here's the question: Is there an upgrade path from subscription to non-subscription?

Thank you.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 25, 2012 6:01 AM   in reply to TigerKR

The Creative Cloud has their own forum. Please post your inquiry here:

http://forums.adobe.com/community/creative_cloud_touch_apps/adobe_crea tive_cloud?view=discussions

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 25, 2012 7:15 AM   in reply to TigerKR

Moving the discussion to Creative Cloud Forum.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 25, 2012 7:24 AM   in reply to TigerKR

Hi TigerKR,

To be very frank, we cannot say what will be the upgrade price for CS6.5 as it's not yet launched and is still in progress, So, we have no clue about the princing as of now. No-one has seen the future yet.

Now, as per your 2nd question, you cannot upgrade from a subscription to a perpetual product. You need to cancel the subscription and place an order for the perpetual product.

Hope that Clarifies your doubt.

Regards

Arpit

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 25, 2012 1:23 PM   in reply to Arpit Kapoor

Arprit this is question I have raised elsewhere the issue is not how much an exit strategy would cost  it is people who have invested in Adobe products in some cases for many years are concerned about loosing their investment buy joining the cloud. The question is at some point in the future should we have to exit the cloud would Adobe provide an exit strategy  or would the be left with no acces to software at all.

If you consider that the cost of a normal could subscription compares with the annual cost of upgrading the cs product.

With the cs product you will have access to the software untill your os or computer no longer supports it

So say in 10 years time I had to exit the cloud through I'll health or any other reason which meant I could no longer afford the subscription.  Would the subscription count as a potential upgrade qualification to the perpetual product Or  on a retirement case could some end a subscription with the last version of the software.

The point is the cost would be similar either way but at present it would seem that joining the creative could wipes out all your previous investments in adobe products  which is significant  and the incentive to join really does not compensate for the value of that investment.

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2012 4:07 AM   in reply to Steve Werner

I purchased a subscription to CS5.5 about 6 months ago. How to I get an upgrade to CS6?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points