Skip navigation
Vettungen
Currently Being Moderated

Creating a interactive prerendered 3d presentation.

Apr 25, 2012 6:46 AM

Hello I'm creating a presentation in adobe flash pro cs5. I wanted a interface of buttons that would if you clicked on one of them play a prerendered movie clip that would after it has been played be jumping to another keyframe and stay on that keyframe. Then from that keyframe you would be able to play another video clip and jump to another keyframe. To create the illusion of 3d by using prerendered clips. I hope you get what I mean.

Anyway in order to do this I need a few commands for controlling the timeline. I think it's the commands for jumping to a certain frame then stopping at a certain frame.

Two commands I can't find in the confusing menu of action commands. Also for a file like this what would be the best type of document to use. Flash project I presume?

Sorry I'm very new to flash...

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 19, 2012 4:09 AM   in reply to Vettungen

Thanks for answering this it helped me too.

|
    Mark as:
    May 19, 2012 4:11 AM   in reply to Vettungen

Yeah wait a min, I mean yes how do you do this? Could anyone help?

|
    Mark as:
    May 19, 2012 4:47 AM   in reply to Vettungen

To jump to a new frame you can use gotoAndStop(...) or gotoAndPlay(...), where "..." represents a frame numnber or label, and if they happen to be adjacent frames you can use nextFrame() or prevFrame() (which act like gotoAndStop() commands). 

If you happen to be trying to tell something other than the current timeline to go to a new frame, then you need to target the intended object/timeline.

This can tell the timeline that holds the object that contains this line to move to a new frame...

MovieClip(parent).gotoAndPlay(...); 

This tells an object on the same timeline to move to a new frame...

objectInstanceName.gotoAndStop(...);

If you are after something more complex than that then I have probably missed the point of your posting... I don't see where 3D fits into the discussion of moving to frames.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points