Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Export Layers to Individual PDF's?

Apr 25, 2012 11:26 AM

Hi all,

I'm not sure if this is possible...but I am looking for a way (possibly a script?) to export each layer of a InDesign file to its own PDF. The reason is that our workflow at my print shop is to create a layered InDesign file for business cards, with each layer being the info for seperate people. Then I place each layer on a 10-up page for printing, again with seperate layers for each person. I'm not sure if this is the best or most efficient way to do this, but it seems to work well for us and keeps down the number of files to deal with.

However, if I have to make lots of changes to the card design, such as changing the font or format of text, when I want to send proofs to the client, I have to turn on/off each person's layer and export them one at a time to a PDF. Then I combine the exported individual card PDF's into one big proof PDF. So I would rather be able to automate the export to PDF process so each layer will export without me turning them on and off. Thanks for any suggestions!

Replies

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points