Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

FLA or SWF to HTML5 Conversion

Apr 25, 2012 4:42 PM

Tags: #swf #to #html5 #conversion #fla

I am trying to figure out the best way to convert an existing site (90% Flash / SWF) to HTML5, so that it works on the iPhone and iPad (or other mobile devices).

So far, I have decided Flash CS6 with the CreativeJS Toolkit is the route to go.

Someone (at Adobe) mentioned Dreamweaver CS5.5 can do it (convert the FLA or SWF to HTML5).

I have not found this to be true.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions for me?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 27, 2012 7:59 AM   in reply to ChadXSO

As a suggestion, you could try using different tools. Flash is not capable of exporting directly into HTML5 (Yet, wait for the release of CS6), but you can directly convert the existing .SWF assets into HTML5 canvas and CSS transformation. One tool that I know of which can do this, is Sothink's SWF decompiler. It isn't remotely perfect, but could be a temporary solution until CS6 is released.

Dreamweaver, to my knowledge, doesn't have that capability but it could be possible using an extension, if such exists.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 22, 2012 12:52 AM   in reply to ChadXSO

hey, chadXSO

I want to know that have you ever resolved your problem, and I believe that you have done!

Could you tell me which tool that you used? Now I have the same problem(the best way to convert an existing site (90% Flash / SWF) to HTML5, so that it works on the iPhone and iPad (or other mobile devices).), and someone asked me to convert swf files to html5 video, so i found this tool-swf to html5 movie maker, but i don't know how to use it, and can you tell me the tool you use? or you could tell me how to use this tool for our same question.

download here:http://www.html5-movie-maker.com/swf-to-html5-movie-converter/

thanks for everyone's reading

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 22, 2012 2:13 AM   in reply to ChadXSO

well, as to your problem, you may try to google search to find different tools, there are many online or offline tools on the web, personally i would prefer to use digital publishing software to convert swf to html files easily, try to visit: http://www.xflip.com/digital-magazine-software.html

well, nice to contribute to the discussion, we can exchange ideas with each other. it's a very great topic!

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,212 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 22, 2012 7:07 AM   in reply to ChadXSO

flash pro cs6+ with the createJS extension is capable of exporting timeline animations compatible with html5.  it is superior to the software at the above two links because your exported project is setup to add interactivity (and any other javascript capable feature).

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 22, 2012 10:13 PM   in reply to merry flip

yes, a powerful tool from you, but dose it support output html5? i want my swf files can be played well on mobile phones and quickly readed on browsers.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points