Skip navigation
subtlefly72
Currently Being Moderated

creating 3ds max 3D objects for Flash?

Apr 25, 2012 9:49 PM

Hi team,

Is there a way to utilise 3D objects in Flash for users to manipulate?  I can see how I can export an image sequence and fake it but is there any way that Flash can acutally use the 3D object?

i would really like to make a 3D interactive object for a Google sites website, is there any way that you can point me towards to do this?

Just a basic revolve/rotate would be a good start.

Cheers

sub

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 26, 2012 1:55 PM   in reply to subtlefly72

Yes. Very easy actually, except for texturing. Stage3D lets you do realtime 3D on mobile devices, the web, desktop, etc.

I use a framework called Flare3D mostly. It comes with a 3dsmax 3d plugin. It installs custom materials in 3dsmax (2010 and above) and you need to texture your object using them (I find) as the built in standard material converter doesn't work too well. It also adds a menu item to 3dsmax that lets you export your object in a format called f3d.

http://flare3d.com/

Grab the YellowPlanet tutorial (Flash Builder) to see how easy it is to use. After you set up a basic scene, the default nature is just to show the 3d object and allow you to rotate/zoom around the object without you coding it at all.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 30, 2012 9:09 AM   in reply to subtlefly72

You're welcome. Just note the price tag if you want to use it commercially. There are other platforms like Alternativa3D which have 3dsmax plugins and are (somewhat) harder to use yet more full featured and only require that you show their logo rather than pay (unless you want to).

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points