• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe FMS 4.5 only showing 1 active connection

Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2012 Apr 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running a live stream using Adobe Flash Media Server 4.5, running on a Amazon Web Services EC2 server.

I know that there are at least 5 active connections, but when I log into the FMS server admin console, it only tells me that there is one.

What options do I have configured wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Hey John,

This has nothing to do with AWS. It is because you are streaming through Http and the stateless nature of the protocol. If you so choose to stream the same content via RTMP, you can very well view all your subcribers through the Admin console.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

The one connection that you see is your publisher sending RTMP data to your FMS server. That stream gets recorded and the content is served by Apache and FMS has no role in that.

So you will not be able to see your subscriber count in the FMS Admin console.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer Shiven. If I cannot see the amount of viewers in the FMS Admin console, where can I see my statistics such as number of viewers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey John,

I am afraid  but FMS will not be able to provide you any such statistics. You will have to include some type of monitoring at Apache's end and even then you will just get an idea based on the no. of fragments being served by Apache.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems like a pretty big reason to not choose AWS to stream in the future; there really is no ability to view statistics?

I suppose I can get # of viewers estimated by the number of people viewing the page, but certainly no numbers on amount of time watching stream or anything like that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey John,

This has nothing to do with AWS. It is because you are streaming through Http and the stateless nature of the protocol. If you so choose to stream the same content via RTMP, you can very well view all your subcribers through the Admin console.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any idea how I can stream the same content via RTMP? Does it still use AWS? Are there tutorials or links you could point me to?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Sure.

You can find all that you need for Streaming through RTMP here: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/flashmediaserver/devguide/WS0432746db30523c21e63e3d12eea311bcc-8000.html

Let me know if any concerns.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! It appears to me that I'm already streaming everything the way I need to to view in RTMP, I just need to change the embed code.

Here's what I'm already doing:

Stream address: rtmp://ec2-<my instance>.compute-1.amazonaws.com/livepkgr

Stream: <my stream name>?adbe-live-event=liveevent

According to the link you sent me, I just need to go to www.osmf.org/configurator/fmp/ and enter in rtmp://ec2-<my instance>.compute-1.amazonaws.com/live/<my stream name> correct? When I do this, I just get a continuous buffering, it never actually loads.

What might I be missing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It looks like your are publishing to the 'livepkgr' app but trying to play the streams through 'live'.

Try this:

Stream address: rtmp://ec2-<my instance>.compute-1.amazonaws.com/live

Stream: <my stream name>

And Play using the same: rtmp://ec2-<my instance>.compute-1.amazonaws.com/live/<my stream name>

This should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've made the changes that you suggested. I'm using WireCast, and it is not giving me any errors. I've created the embed code at http://www.osmf.org/configurator/fmp/ , but I am still having an issue - I only see a black screen. It doesn't show a buffering bar or any errors anymore, just a black screen.

Any thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey John,

You can try playing a VOD from your FMS server.

Go to http://www.osmf.org/configurator/fmp/

Use this URI: rtmp://<yourServerName>/vod/sample

Click on preview and try to play it. It should play the sample video.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2012 Apr 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep, the video played. Looks like in WireCast I had to change the useragent from WireCast/FM 1.0 to FMLE/3.0. All seems to be working, for now. Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines