Skip navigation
teimurh
Currently Being Moderated

When Cyrillic support?

Apr 26, 2012 12:24 PM

Will you support Cyrillic font (Courier or Courier New) in Adobe Story in future? Why you can't add these fonts now? Do you think, russian customers does not exist?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 13, 2012 5:35 PM   in reply to teimurh

+1

You already take money for a subscription and I would like to pay you, but Story is useless to me without Cyrillic fonts.

Is it that hard to integrate Russian? If it in fact is difficult, then what kind of a retarded engine does this software use?

Seriously!

And please do not ignore this message! We would like to finally hear your explanation.

P.S.: It has been 2 years already: http://forums.adobe.com/message/3029086#3029086

|
    Mark as:
    May 13, 2012 10:02 PM   in reply to James Shaft

Hi James,

Our localization team reports that they are able to type Cyrillic characters through Russian keyboard using Minion Pro and Myriad Pro fonts on fresh machine having Win 7 Russian locale.

Can you please try this and let us know if this works for you?

Thanks

Aurobinda

|
    Mark as:
    May 14, 2012 10:54 AM   in reply to Aurobi

So do I have to have Win 7 with Russian locale in order for this to work? Bacause I hate Russian locales on any software, especially Windows.

Right now I have Win 8 x64 Consumer Preview (Eng) installed. And I want for Adobe Story to work exactly like an English version, except

for the ability to write in Russian. What is the big deal with this anyway? It's supposed to be a simple feature. All fonts have been localized years ago.

Is it an Adobe AIR problem?

|
    Mark as:
    May 14, 2012 10:58 AM   in reply to James Shaft

You can use minion and myriad fonts to use Cyrillic characters. It is not an AIR problem.

Since Courier New is a Microsoft font, we cannot just bundle it with Story. We are trying to figure out the best way to support more cyrillic fonts in Story.

--Anubahv

|
    Mark as:
    May 14, 2012 11:30 AM   in reply to AnubhavRohatgi

I don't get why you have to BUNDLE it with Story, why can't you use OS's system fonts?

If I'm not mistaken, both Windows and Mac already come with Courier New pre-installed.

I don't know if Linux and various tablet OS support it, but I'm sure most of them do or at least

have an alternative.

Celtx and Final Draft is using this font without any problems. Why can't you?

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 15, 2013 6:48 AM   in reply to teimurh

Scrivener is a modern word processor, that has scriptwriting capabilities and supports cyrillic fonts/letters. Maybe it's not No.1, but certainlly can be of use for you guys. I just tested cyrillic document exporting to a PDF file. No need to thank me.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 12, 2014 11:06 AM   in reply to teimurh

There are still some issues with cyrillic support:

1. in outline section cyrillic symbols still are not printed correctly
    2. export to pdf doesn't function

please, try to fix that.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...