Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Installing Acrobat  9 Pro has caused a failure to download any pdf from any website.

Apr 26, 2012 3:19 PM

When I click on a pdf file, including any of the help files on the Adobe site, I get a view of the file for a fraction of a second and then it is replaced by a grey screen saying ' Acrobat Plugin Crashed' and offering me the option of sending a report. I have sent many reports, to no avail. For example, I looked up some train times, and got only the briefest tantalising glimpse of the pdf before it was replaced by the grey screen. The system was fine previously, when I had only Acrobat Reader.  How can I put this right?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 26, 2012 3:56 PM   in reply to Bradscopegems

Which operating system are you using?  Have you tried repairing the Acrobat installation?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 26, 2012 4:58 PM   in reply to Bradscopegems

Moving this discussion to the Acrobat Installation & Update Issues sub-forum of the Acrobat forums.  It sounds like you are facing an issue with your Internet plug-in.  Which web browser are you using?  Do you have any tool-bars or add ons installed?  Have you tried more than one web browser?

|
    Mark as:
    May 5, 2012 7:12 AM   in reply to Bradscopegems

Really don't know what the problem might be. However it might be fixed if you update Acrobat. If you just installed Acrobat recently, it may be version 9.0, rather than the current 9.5.1. You can do the updates from the Help menu in Acrobat.

|
    Mark as:
    May 6, 2012 5:19 AM   in reply to Bradscopegems

Great. A minor point as you post, upgrades are between major versions (8, 9, X, etc) and updates are between subversions (9.0, 9.2, 9.5.1, etc). Not a problem here, but might be an issue in future posts. Glad it resolved the problem. As I mentioned, I do not know why but sometimes can suggest the fix.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points