• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Alignment inside box bug.

Participant ,
Apr 27, 2012 Apr 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure if this is a bug or by design, but I made a text box with a background layer that strecthes across the page.  The text aligns in the middle ok, but it appears to be up to high in the box itself (not centered).  I messed forever with this trying to make it look right, but then realizes that when you look at it in a browser it is aligned perfectly.  So basicaly this is not showing up properly aligned in MUSE, but works fine in the browser.  This is not a huge deal, but considering MUSE is a WYSIWYG editor I would love to see this fixed in some way.

Here is a picture of what I am talking about  Screen Shot 2012-04-27 at 9.04.51 AM.JPG  Where it says OWB Holsters you can see that the text is not aligned in the center vertically.  It looks fine though if you look at it here.

TOPICS
Bugs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 01, 2012 Oct 01, 2012

Vertical alignment of text in a frame is surprisingly difficult to achieve in HTML reliably across browsers for all the various scenarios where text can be used in Muse. I expect we'll make the investment to implement it at some point, but it's not their yet.

Adjusting the form text positioning doesn't work across states if you're using paragraph indents (due to limitations regarding how these attributes are propagated between states in forms). However, you can achieve the same effect by setting

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
Apr 27, 2012 Apr 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is by design, although the 2 screens should not look any different. I've tried to reproduce your issue but have been unsucsessful.

Text always starts at the top of the text area. If you need center it vertically, you can use the Numeric Stepper in the [Spacing] panel to move it down from the top manually by number of pixels.

I think it worked out in this case becasue the font was big enough to push the boundries of the text area. With a font that was half the size, you'd probably have to use the spacing panel to get it to center vertically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2012 Sep 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Believe me, there is a bug, Luke is perfectly right. It's a nightmare to "finetune" this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adrian, for whatever your case is, is the leading (line-height) set as a percentage or an absolute pixel value (14 px)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Zak for your quick response. You are right in this matter (but of course, it will be nice if Muse had both vertical and horizontal alignment in the text frame as in InDesign). However, the bug I had in mind is about the "normal" vs "focus state" of a form field. I tried to insert a different indent value (or margin) in the normal state and, as I expected, those values appears the same through all states. However, this is in "developing" mode, but in browser looks like the indent value or margin didn't change its value at all. I repeated this scenario with the same result.

I would be glad to find out that I'm wrong about this.

Thank you one more time, Zak. Your words are very precious.

Screen Shot 2012-09-28 at 11.51.43 PM.jpg Screen Shot 2012-09-28 at 11.52.28 PM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 01, 2012 Oct 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vertical alignment of text in a frame is surprisingly difficult to achieve in HTML reliably across browsers for all the various scenarios where text can be used in Muse. I expect we'll make the investment to implement it at some point, but it's not their yet.

Adjusting the form text positioning doesn't work across states if you're using paragraph indents (due to limitations regarding how these attributes are propagated between states in forms). However, you can achieve the same effect by setting a left Padding value in the Spacing panel.

Screen Shot 2012-10-01 at 11.27.09 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2012 Oct 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you, Zak. You are the best.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2014 Apr 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having an issue where I'm using the form field widget and when you type text into the fields everything looks/acts great in preview mode and the text is centered nicely (vertically) and has enough padding to the left. However, once I pushed my site live and tested out the form all the text typed into the form fields is pushed into the bottom left corner of the box so that the text is actually touching the box border. I can't seem to find a way to fix this issue ((see attached image)). Is there anyway to shift the text up vertically and shift it to the left slightly? You can see in the fields that aren't filled in that the placeholder/prompt text is aligned correctly.

Screen Shot 2014-04-15 at 11.41.37 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines