• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot install CS3 or CS4 or Pre Ele. 9 on Win7 machine

Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2012 Apr 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In March, all of a sudden all my CS4 product started asking for me to accept (again) the EULA. I click "accept" and screen goes away but nothing happens. I had PS ele and Pre ele on the same machine so as a fall back try to launch them. They simply do not launch. The products I use most from CS4 are Photoshop, AI and DW, and I NEED Premiere elements for a project due imminently!

I eneded up uninstalling all my Adobe products (I had CS3, CS4 and Pre and PS elements) and tried reinstalling. They errored out, all of them, seems commonly at Adobe Bridge but that could be irrelevant. CS4 errored out during installation and CS3 after whole process was completed (got report where nothing was installed; Pre Ele 9 got through 90% of the install then backed everything out - nothing was installed. Looked on forums and found the CAPS db needs deleting (because then got message "installer database is corrupt msg., which I did from x86 folder and 64 bit folder) and to try the CS Cleaner tool (which I used) and the Adobe Support Assistant (which stated "unidentified issue, and to contact CS).

I ran a system diagnostic and all files are OK, cleaned up the registry too using "Your Un-installer" tool.  I have wasted over 6 hours on this and have production deadlines looming. I hope you can help!!!

Joel

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Joelmeyers can you please utilize the Package for Support option in the Adobe Support Advisor.  It will provide you with a token number you can post to this thread or utilize to work with our support team.  This will allow us to review your install log and attempt to identify the point of failure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

00-82229-141927042012

Thanks Jeff!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Joelmeyers I reviewed your install log and was not able to find any particular errors related to your installation issue either.  I would recommend following the steps listed in Troubleshoot installation problems (Adobe Creative Suite 3.x on Windows XP) - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/troubleshoot-installation-problems-creative-suite-7.html.  Also I would recommend you start with creating a new local administrator account and trying the installation there.  Your initial issue appears to be permission related and it is possible your current user account is compromised.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff, I will give these options a try. BTW, my wife there at Adobe (Jeri Halpine) says you are "the man" regarding the forum support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 28, 2012 Apr 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah thanks Joelmeyers.   Feel free to respond to this thread if you need any clarifications around the steps listed within the document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines