Lorenzo Colloreta 32 posts
Sep 21, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

DPS Single Edition / Creative Cloud certificate owner

Apr 28, 2012 7:20 AM

Tags: #digital_publishing_suite #single_edition #app_store #adobe_dps

Hello everyone,

my question on Single Edition (currently available):

can I create an app using my own freelance license of CS5.5 (ie. paying Single Edition fee with my own Adobe ID) and then upload this app with my clients' iOS developer certificates? Would MY name result in any field on the iTunes Store page?

linked question: would it be the same when we will shift to Creative Cloud subscription model? Can I create multiple "Single Edition" apps for Store submission with (one or more) different clients' certificates?

Thanks for your help!.

l.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 28, 2012 7:24 AM   in reply to Lorenzo Colloreta

Yes, it’s fine and no, you’re name won’t be attached to it in any way.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 28, 2012 4:00 PM   in reply to Lorenzo Colloreta

Reading some of the posts in the forum it seems some people are already using CS6 (Cloud) with Builder? I am still getting the "Software Update Required" message so not sure if that is still the fact that version 20 isn't out or something else. Has anything changed WRT to being able to experiment with the Builder prior to buying a DPS license / Cloud license?

AFAIK

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 28, 2012 5:40 PM   in reply to VanGrenade

CS6 has been announced, not released. This is not the place to discuss this.

Take it back to the prerelease forums, please.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 29, 2012 3:50 PM   in reply to Bob Levine

Bob this has nothing to do with pre-release or NDAs. All embargos were LIFTED last Monday according to Adobe's own internal announcements. When stuff like this is posted for all to see...

https://www.adobe.com/products/indesign/features._sl_id-contentfilter_ sl_featuredisplaytypes_sl_new.html

...there is nothing more that can be said (excepting information about future versions - CS6.x) that is a breach of NDA. And it seems that some people DO have the product and ARE using it with DPS. But I may be misunderstanding them there, and that's the point. If you can't answer my question maybe they can. I am asking something so rudimentary in nature that it's not a harm to anyone. Least of all Adobe.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 29, 2012 5:11 PM   in reply to VanGrenade

DPS is a totally different subject from InDesign.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    May 3, 2012 4:44 AM   in reply to Bob Levine

I'm not really sure what you're suggesting but it's pretty clear you don't understand my question. I'll try a different thread since there were some updates yesterday and people are talking about CS6.

|
    Mark as:
    May 3, 2012 5:01 AM   in reply to VanGrenade

I understand it perfectly and again, DPS and InDesign, as products, are two different subjects.

There is no news about CS6 and DPS.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    May 3, 2012 5:18 AM   in reply to Bob Levine

We are clearly not on the same wavelength here. haha.. no worries.

I am aware that InDesign and DPS are different products however they are closely integrated (you can't use one without the other) and there are based on new announcements and links I'm seeing, updates as of yesterday. I'll keep reading and checking out other posts. Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    May 3, 2012 5:38 AM   in reply to VanGrenade

Not totally true. You can certainly use ID without DPS and you can create an entire publication in Dreamweaver.

That said, until CS6 is released there are no tools to use with it.

Go to the download links…do you see anything for CS6? There’s nothing to discuss because there’s nothing available yet.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    May 3, 2012 6:57 AM   in reply to Bob Levine

Bob: I saw this reply after your other one. Thank you again for the clear statement of "no tools to use with it." We're getting somewhere. I'll answer here also in case others find this thread / have the same questions.

Obviously since this is a DPS forum when I say "you can't use one without the other" I meant you can't create DPS content without InDesign. At least that was what I knew based on all the tutorials and literature I've seen; until now I did not realize people also use Dreamweaver.

When you say "download links"... do you mean this page (right sidebar)?

http://www.adobe.com/downloads/

Tangent to that, when people say "Version 20", are they referrring to the Folio Builder panel downloads, the Producer tools, or both?

In general, hopefully you can see what I mean when I say it's a confusing process for newcomers, when there are 3-4 components that must be downloaded, which get updated at different times, for different versions of the InDesign, etc.

|
    Mark as:
    May 3, 2012 7:02 AM   in reply to VanGrenade

Both.

The Folio Builder update is mandatory. The tools are optional and if you update them you will not be able to preview on the iPad until Apple approves the updated Content Viewer.

Pro and Enterprise customers can create their own v20 Content Viewer. It takes about 5 minutes.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2012 8:37 AM   in reply to Bob Levine

Still in this topic

So I understand that I can develop apps for my customers using a SE licence and customer's Apple ID for each app. Great!

I'm still have some questions...

1. If I have to install a brochure (app) into a few devices of my client (private app / no appstore), how can I do this?

2. I'm not sure about the Single Edition limitations like download limitations from DPS, available period for download of the app in DPS.

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2012 8:41 AM   in reply to CleytonT

1.       Use the Adobe Content Viewer and share the folio

2.       This is not related in any way to Adobe. The SE folio is submitted directly to Apple.

Bob

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points