Skip navigation
Falcon STX
Currently Being Moderated

Wont complete the download

Apr 28, 2012 3:48 PM

Im trying to download the master suite cs 5.5 trial because i have a product key and im told i should download the trial then enter the product key and then i can use the program the only prolem is that the trial only download to about 80% then freezes. ive tried downloading this about 10 seperate times everytime it does the same thing.  im using windows 7 64 bit.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 29, 2012 10:39 AM   in reply to Falcon STX

Where are you choosing to download the install files too?  I would recommend selecting the User folder, which is default, or the desktop folder to download your install files too.

Alternately you can follow the steps listed at http://forums.adobe.com/thread/981369 to initiate a direct download.

|
    Mark as:
    May 1, 2012 8:12 AM   in reply to Falcon STX

Falcon STX if you are unable to even download using a direct download link then there is likely an issue with your Internet connection or your Internet Service Provider.  I would recommend trying an alternate connection.  You can follow the steps listed in http://forums.adobe.com/thread/981369 to simplify matters and initiate a direct download.

|
    Mark as:
    May 1, 2012 5:20 PM   in reply to Falcon STX

Can you perhaps get a USB drive and copy the files over?  The fact that the direct download option did not work successfully indiciates there is something going on system wide on your computer.  Additional steps at this point would be quite intrusive for just downloading the install files. 

You could certainly try downloading with in a selective startup mode and try disabling your security software.

|
    Mark as:
    May 2, 2012 7:21 AM   in reply to Falcon STX

No copying over the install files is fairly straightforward.  You can either copy the compressed installer, which is what you are downloading, or the folder which contains the install files after it has been decompressed.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points