Skip navigation
AAA.Janssen
Currently Being Moderated

How to remove an object from an article

Apr 30, 2012 1:52 AM

Tags: #interactive #digital_publishing_suite; #indesign_cs5.5;

Hi all,

newbie here, sorry. I searched this forum for an answer, but I couldn't find it. So here it is....

I created a folio with 3 articles. After changing something I always update the article. But sometimes it will upload not only all objects from that article to the digital publishing site, but also objects (files) that are in/from another article. In my case I used a video in article 1, I changed something in article 3 and I updated article 3 to my folio. When uploading object (files) for article 3, I spotted the video I used in article 1!! This video doesn't belong in article 3, I don't use it there. But it will enlarge article 3 quite a bit and with this my entire folio will become much larger, which is completely unnecessary!

Is there any way to delete parts(/objects/files) from an article that are not really used in the article? Without affecting the rest of the (working) article of course....

Any help would be appreciated!

Ton Janssen

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 30, 2012 4:39 AM   in reply to AAA.Janssen

The only thing I can think of that would cause this is...  Do you have a web content overlay in article 3?  If so, and that HTML file is in the same folder with the video in question, it will add that to the folio too.  The HTML file and supporting documents have to be in a folder of their own, anything in that HTML folder will be uploaded.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points