Skip navigation
tjk888
Currently Being Moderated

Dreamweaver CS5 fatal error XML parsing: Invalid document structure, line:1, File: C:\User\Tyler\App

Apr 29, 2012 8:23 PM

Tags: #cs5 #error #adobe #dreamweaver #crash

XML parsing fatal error: Invalid document structure, line: 1, file: C:\User\Tyler\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver CS5\en_US\Configureation\Workspace\Classic.xml

I have gone through older disscussion forums and have followed the steps recommended by deleting the corrupted .xml file itself (in this case "Classic.xml") but imidiatly after when i try to open Dreamweaver again, i am prompted with the same fatal error message including the file that i have just deleted. Next i deleted the entire configure file and this did not help either.

It is also odd that when i follow the path to find the corrupted .xml file from the prompt, the path is different in that i do not find the "Classic.xml" file through th "en_US\Configuration\Weorkspace" navigation, however i do find the corrupt "Classic.xml" file in the "configure" folder of the "Adobe Dreamweaver CS5" file.

Im not sure what to do now and i would really like Dreamweaver back up and running so please help if you can!!!

Thanks

-Tyler

Replies
  • Sudarshan Thiagarajan
    4,000 posts
    Oct 15, 2010
    Apr 29, 2012 11:15 PM   in reply to tjk888

No offense intended, but are you using a Legit version of DW?

|
    Mark as:
  • Sudarshan Thiagarajan
    4,000 posts
    Oct 15, 2010
    May 1, 2012 12:45 AM   in reply to tjk888

Step 1: Close DW, Navigate to C:\User\Tyler\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver CS5\en_US\Configureation\Workspace\ and delete that Classic.xml file

Re-open DW. DW should auto-create your Workspace layout XML file again. See if it works fine.

PROCEED TO STEP 2 ONLY IF STEP 1 DOESN'T SOLVE THE ISSUE

Step 2: Navigate to C:\Users\Tyler\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver CS5\en-US\Configuration and delete the entire 'CONFIGURATION' folder. Re-open DW. DW should auto-create your configuration folder based on predefined layouts and config options. This will definitely fix your issue.

Reason for this issue: This issue would have been caused due to a malformed workspace layout configuration. That may happen due to customizations you may have done to the layout/ improper file permissions/ improper shutdown on Windows.

See if these fixes resolve your issue and post your results here.

Cheers,

ST

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 14, 2012 3:03 PM   in reply to Sudarshan Thiagarajan

First, I am not the original poster, but I got the same error.  I own a a ligit copy of dreamweaver cs5.  there was not "clasic.xml" but rather a designer.xml ...  moved that, and it worked.  thank you.  You Rock.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 28, 2012 12:21 PM   in reply to Sudarshan Thiagarajan

I had exactly this problem and Step 2 resolved it!  Thanks!

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 19, 2012 2:14 AM   in reply to Sudarshan Thiagarajan

I had  similar problem with CS4 version... Step 1 resolved the issue ..thanks a lot.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points