Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Help: warp stabilizer

Apr 30, 2012 12:31 AM

hi everyone,

when i apply 'warp stabilizer' it shows 'initializing...' but no progress. when after minutes it stops without stabilization.

when i see a tutorial i see 'initializing...(processing something)' but mind is just saying 'initializing...' and nothing happens.

any idea how to fix it?

thank you,

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 30, 2012 1:16 AM   in reply to garin2

any idea how to fix it?

Not really since you didn't tell us anything useful - no computer specs, no operating system, not the kind of footage you are using nor your AE settings for memory handling, caches and multiprocessing. This could be anything from permission issues at the system level to file access problems with MediaCache to simply the footage being shot the wrong way and the stabilizer not detecting any patterns for stabilization...

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 30, 2012 5:43 AM   in reply to garin2

What kind of 1080P? There are hundreds of combinations of codecs and compression schemes. How long is the shot?  Warp stabilizer isn't going to work well or maybe at all on a really long shot that's highly compressed.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 30, 2012 7:22 AM   in reply to garin2

I tend to agree with Rick. You could simply be running out of memory for longer shots. Using the warp stabilizer employs the same memory logic like MP rendering and you might simply reach the ceiling. It may appear otherwise, but those 6GB aren't that much with some stuff loaded in the program. Try using shorter segments.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    May 1, 2012 2:16 PM   in reply to Mylenium

I just wrote this article to help with issues like the one Mylenium mentions:

"memory and storage tips for Warp Stabilizer and 3D Camera Tracker"

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points