Skip navigation
PeterB_64
Currently Being Moderated

Size Graphic Tablet for photoshop on an imac 27"

Apr 30, 2012 3:41 AM

Hello,

I would like to purchase a Wacom Intuos 5 touch to do image retouching and processing, but I have it difficult to choose the size, medium or large, are there rules that can help me or can someone say fromm experience this is the right tablet ?

Thanks,

Peter

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 30, 2012 4:03 AM   in reply to PeterB_64

Hi,

I had the same decision with an Intuos4 last month. I went for the medium in the end. Lower price was a big factor but also I have limited desk space. Very happy with the product and I dont think that the larger tablet would have made too much of a difference. Fair enough if you are purchasing the Cinitiq and the display needs to be larger.

All the best

|
    Mark as:
  • Trevor Dennis
    5,972 posts
    May 24, 2010
    Apr 30, 2012 4:13 AM   in reply to PeterB_64

I think you get used to whatever you choose in the end.  I worked for years with an original Graphire, and was completely vomfortable with it.  Now I use a medium Intuos4, and am comfortable with that.  How about space, and your workstation layout?  Where will you put a tablet, and will it get in the way of your keyboard?

|
    Mark as:
  • Trevor Dennis
    5,972 posts
    May 24, 2010
    Apr 30, 2012 2:44 PM   in reply to PeterB_64

Peter, the Intuos4 has a Precision mode and Display mode toggled from two of the Express keys.  The former allows for fine novement of the pen, and the latter switches between main monitor, second monitor, and the default which is both monitors.  I actually never use either though, and use the mouse when I need very fine cursor control.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 30, 2012 10:00 PM   in reply to Trevor Dennis

The important thing is to scale the monitor display of the workspace so that the gestures are natural, using the tablet software.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 30, 2012 10:30 PM   in reply to PeterB_64

Naturally, it is mostly the size of the feedback that controls the precision of your hand not the other way around. Based on the same principle the surgeons make those microscopic surgeries. Having said, that there are certain painting, drawing styles associated with certain quick hand movements like flicks to achieve certain look of brush strokes, which depending on the style, could be larger or smaller size tablet they may fit better. Also using very large tablets will involve mostly your shoulder muscles, and the smaller, your wrist, if this is of concern to you.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points