Skip navigation
Carolxr
Currently Being Moderated

Upgrading from CS4 to CS5.5

Apr 30, 2012 12:23 PM

I just upgraded to CS5.5 Design Premium. I thought this was an actual upgrade but I now have both CS4 and CS5.5 installed on my computer! Do I uninstall CS4?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 30, 2012 12:59 PM   in reply to Carolxr

Its your wish , it would hardly make the difference I have CS4, CS5 and CS5.5 installed my machine and it works fine. However Adobe always recommend to uninstall the older veriosn before installing the newer veriosn.

Its on your usage and comfort level....You want to stick to CS4 and have CS5 along with it or you can left the old one behind and use new one,

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 30, 2012 12:59 PM   in reply to Carolxr

It depends on how you use your Creative Suite.  If you have sufficient disk space and/or need to be fully compatible with earlier versions, i.e. InDesign documents in Creative Suite 4, then I would recommend leaving it on your computer.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 30, 2012 1:22 PM   in reply to Carolxr

Yes although you may need to reassociate the file associations after the application is removed.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 30, 2012 1:45 PM   in reply to Carolxr

Cool,, when you install the upgrade then one of teh process is to check for teh earlier version , if incase it doesnt find it installed on teh computer then it ask for the previous serial number , when entered the installation goes thorugh fine.

That the upgarde procedure ....hence I said you can keep it or remove it, all you need the CS4 serail numebr to install the software.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points