• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Retaking the quiz but limiting students to 2 attempts only

Explorer ,
May 01, 2012 May 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, I need your help. I need to setup a quiz so that the students have 2 attempts only.  They don't necessarily have to take the second attempt immediately after the first failed one.  The quiz has up to 50 questions. At the end of the quiz they see the quiz results and the retake button. We have checked "do not send resume data"  but now, if the user closes the browser without clicking "retake quiz" and they return, they can take the quiz again without clickin "retake", and if they do the same thing over again, they can take the quiz as many times as they want.  So, I need a way to lock them out of the quiz once they are done with the second attempt. Moodle 1.9 does not allow that, so I have to lock them from within the Captivate file.

Any ideas on how to achieve this? is unchecking the 'do not send resume data" the only option (basically forcing them to the results page where the "retake quiz" button is?

Thanks

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2012 May 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are not using Resume Data bookmarking, each launch of the SCO module will be a fresh one.  According to the SCORM standard, the SCO itself doesn't store the attempt data, that's the LMSs job.  So if the attempt is still in progress and merely suspended to be later resumed, the SCO will behave as if you'd never touched it before.

If you want a way to lock the user out of the module after their first attempt, you have to do this in the LMS.  Moodle (even 1.9) allows you to set the number of attempts on a course.  Once the user has failed all allowed attempts they can no longer open the course modules.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources