Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Update published folios

May 1, 2012 9:58 AM

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 1, 2012 9:58 AM   in reply to Community Help

I am having trouble pushing my updates that I've done on my desktop to the folio on the cloud. There might be an error because I cannot preview the folio on my desktop but I can preview articles without issue. If there are errors, how do I view what they are? The content viewer says Error Failed to load the folio with an ok button.  There is no other information.

|
    Mark as:
  • Bob Bringhurst
    4,651 posts
    May 29, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    May 1, 2012 10:09 AM   in reply to Community Help

When you can preview all articles but can't preview the folio, it usually means there is an orientation mismatch, such as a vertical-only article in a dual-orientation folio. A typical culprit is an HTML article. If it's a single orientation folio, you need to add a suffix to the filename, such as index_v.html.

|
    Mark as:
    May 1, 2012 10:12 AM   in reply to Bob Bringhurst

Yes there are two orientations and they worked fine all the way through the workflow.  I did add a page that has html content in one direction and nothing in the other like a previous page that worked.  I removed that thinking it was the issue and I still can't view the folio.  I can click on the one article inside and use the control r to flip and everything looks wonderful.  What can I do if even removing the page didn't fix it?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 7, 2012 2:56 AM   in reply to Bob Bringhurst

I update my folios on organizer, but i haven't received an e mail.

Is it normal?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 10, 2012 9:25 PM   in reply to hulyaerdil

@ hulyaerdil : yes, it's normal. You do not recieve notifications for updating the folio.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 15, 2012 7:40 AM   in reply to Community Help

I updated a folio, but one of the pages doesn't show up in the app download. I keep getting the error that the "Page is loading", but it never ends up loading. All I see is a blank grey page where one of my pages is supposed to be. Please help!

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 27, 2013 8:29 PM   in reply to Community Help

Hi guys,

Just a change of the "Publication Name", "Folio Number" or "Publication Date" (that defines an order of the folios within the library view) and maybe some other metadata shouldn't be treated/show up as an update to the folio as nothing was really changed inside. It should be possible to update those settings by using Update with unchecked "Update content" checkbox. This only makes sense to me.

Thank you!

PS: Also as this is discussion for one of the documentation pages it shouldn't have any Correct answer.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 28, 2013 4:47 PM   in reply to Community Help

If a customer downloads an issue, there is an update to that Issue, customer downloads again... does that count twice against your Folio Downloads on your Pro or Enterprise account?

Thank you.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 28, 2013 6:41 PM   in reply to chris_in_sf

Yes Chris, every successful download new or update counts.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 29, 2013 10:00 AM   in reply to chris_in_sf

only complee downoads are counted. If a customer downloads you initial folio, you update a few articles and they download the updated folio, no additional downloads are counted. If they remove the original folio from device and download the entire folio again, you are charged for the 2nd download.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 26, 2013 11:03 AM   in reply to Community Help

Is it accurate to say that when doing a content update to a folio, only that part of the folio gets updated reducing download time as well as avoiding the need to republish and entire folio?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 26, 2013 11:25 AM   in reply to jplbm

Folio updates are on an article by article basis. It's fair to say that if you update a single article that you don't need to update all articles and that only the updated article gets downloaded to device (not the entire issue). The update button in folio producer will only copy over the updated article to the distribution service. It's not a republish, it's an update to somethng already published.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points