• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do we now see product units sold in Ecommerce report?

May 02, 2012 May 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We used to be able to click Ecommerce report - Top Products - show all - show Quantity.

Now it ONLY shows the sale value not the units sold. This is no good to us. We need to see how many of something sold so we can know whether to order more in etc.

We can't even do a custom report showing sales by units for just one item as it's not able to be filtered with a quantity...

I get that inventory and BC are really not friendly with each other but surely this was a silly thing to delete? It worked before...

Does anyone have any ideas?

(Also.. not meaning to continue my rant but this new forum sucks. It's impossible to search so i'm sure someone has asked this before but when I do a search I see all the rest of the adobe forums.. Silly!). Rant over - Calm blue ocean.

TOPICS
eCommerce

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dandy,

That kind of report was removed during the re-skinning, and I was told by the product management that it will be returned and improved later this year, when we do some performance enhancements to the reports framework.

As for the rant on the form search, please tell us what the exact issue is. The only problem that I know if is that only discussions come up in the quick search. It doesn't list documents. Please enlighten me.

Thanks!

-mario

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 07, 2012 May 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mario and Brad,

Thank you for your replies.

@Mario - Ok I've worked out a custom report that will do the same thing. Looking forward to seeing the new improved version.

Re this new forum:- It's just hard to use. 

- It doesn't seem to have all the replies from the old forums moved across.

- There are two separate Business Catalyst and Business Catalyst FAQ groups - i.e. double the time to have to search both

I just feel it's  not user friendly. It doesn't seem like a 'community' on here anymore - which the old forum did.

I will give it another go but it's turned me off BC a little bit that's all. I guess it will result in more people doing support requests because they can't easily fix problems or find how other people fixed similar issues. Maybe a good thing for BC to have less people talking about issues on forums but double the work of your support staff I'd imagine... Anyway overall there are no systems that seem on par with BC so a sucky forum is just a consolation. I'm not leaving BC over it or anything rash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 08, 2012 Aug 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Dandy,

I've got a client who needs to have weekly/monthly reports generated showing inventory. It sounds like you know how to do that with BC. I haven't created a custom report for inventory control. Would you be willing to share some pointers?

Thanks, Todd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 08, 2012 Aug 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Todd,  Most of my answers are solved in the forum so always happy to help back

We ended up building a simple excel file.

Download all products and paste into work sheet (#1)

Create a customer report with customer, date, products purchased with totals - and paste into a work sheet (#2)

(updates 1&2 every few weeks).

Then we just built a pivot table (work sheet #3) - it uses the products purchased details to summarise items sold, vs number customers bought and next to it it compares to units on hand and lastly a column showing what we need to make.  Sounds more complicated than it really is. But it works beautifully.

We also now use Onesaas and Saasu which talk to each other and BC and just today have started using combo items to build packs which is (i hope) going to be a massive time saver.

Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 09, 2012 Aug 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Dandy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can search individual forums or groups if you like - see photo
Screen Shot 2012-05-02 at 9.14.39 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also if you want to just search Business Catalyst forums just make sure you are on the page that lists all the sub sections of the BC Forums. Then only BC related info will come up.

Screen Shot 2012-05-02 at 9.22.55 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines