• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Do I need ongoing Internet access to use my Creative Suite applications?

Adobe Employee ,
May 02, 2012 May 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because your Creative Suite applications are installed directly on your computer, you will not need an ongoing Internet connection to use them on a daily basis. However, you will need to be online when you install and license your software, and at least once every 30 days thereafter. The software will alert you when you need to connect to the Internet for a license status check.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 04, 2012 Jun 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This answer seems to be incorrect. I have experienced continual problems opening Adobe application since I subscribed to Creative Cloud and many times the error indicates that I ma not connected to the internet even though I have a good internet connection recognized by all of my other applications. I have opened support tickets and I have received no help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2012 Jun 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing the same errors, even when I am connected to the Internet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2012 Jun 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here. Continual problem, treating my 'Cloud' like it is only a trial download that will run out if I don't renew license.

I thought Cloud was supposed to make our life easier and allow us to work for 30 days without constantly loggin in to our Adobe accounts ...

much less having Cloud revert to a 'Trial' ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2012 Jun 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the monthly subscription.  Occasionaly I get the message that I have not activated my software.  I then go to control panel and uninstall the software.  Next I go to the cloud and install the software.  This happens frequently on my windows machine.  My second machine is a macbook pro.  I will start trying the software on it to see if I have the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 06, 2012 Jun 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe clearly has no intention of addressing this issue as evidenced by the telephone support person who hung up on me and the failure of anyone in this venue to offer any help. The forum indicates that this is a widespread issue. Is Adobe even making an attempt to support these obvious problems with Creative Cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 06, 2012 Jun 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear about your difficulties Gary. I found this support document that might help.

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-issues.html

-Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2012 Jun 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not expirience any activation problems, however (even when connected) I get a message that the Trial has run out and I need to sign in to my account over and over again. This is not as annoying when I do have my internet connection, however I'm doing a lot of presentations and demos when I travel and I do not always have an internet connection. Above that - I've noticed that this causes Premiere to freak out and not open projects with the error "no preset found" or something like that (as I've seen on the forums - this Premiere issue is known as "back to trial" problem)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2012 Jun 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I agree with you and encounter the same annoying problem every time I quit an app, like eg Illustrator CS6. When I reboot the app, it says I will have to buy a license, since the trial period stopped (I have a year subscription). I tried to never quit the CS6-apps, but I have to use CS4, CS5 and CS6, so this is not an option. This cloud-behaviour is especially irritating, since I teach, using a beamer: every student witnesses this clumsy behaviour of the cloud software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see several posts with the same issue

Cloud has reverted to trial that will expire if we do not license.

Cloud was supposed to make our life easier, and work for * 30 days * without even being logged in to our account.

It is supposed to require only monthly activation,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the product launching in trial mode and the Acrobat X launch giving a 130:11 error please see the following document

Trial screen displays on launch with -1 days | CCM, CS6
http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/trial--1-launch.html

Installing the latest version of Adobe Application Manager resolves this issue. A link to the latest versions is in that document or now you can also get the latest version by simply launching Adobe Application Manager from the Start Menu (Windows) or alias in the Applications folder (Mac)

-Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 15, 2012 Jun 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is totally unacceptable that I can't use the previous versions of Adobe applications after subscribing to Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2012 Jun 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a previous version of CS on my macbook pro.  I went to the applications folder and clicked on flash CS4.  It came up just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 16, 2012 Jun 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there licensing and verication issues are very very basic!  did no one test this concept before it launched as public product?  I've been in software and projects for many years, and this screams that it was launched on the demanded launch date, even if it didn't work!!   it looks pretty sad.  i love adobe products, and have for years, but this is very scary and sad. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2012 Jun 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a working professional I'm finding that Creative Cloud both frustrating & embarrassing
imagine being called to a clients office to do some product retouching and finding that without
a reliable internet connetion that the product that I DO pay for WILL NOT WORK, and to put to bluntly
if the software that makes me a living won't work, then I can't either.

I would think that CS6 sould be able to run for at least a week without checking in, not everywhere in
the world has San Jose internet speeds, I often go to places where the best you'll get is 50~150kbs
and at a few times a year
places where there is NO NET ACCESS AT ALL.

I have licensed cs5/5.5 products on my big PC and have removed cs5/5.5 from my laptop and both
suffer the log on 2-4 times a day.

It is VITAL that this issue is fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 11, 2012 Jul 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has an updated version of the Adobe Application Manager which resolves the issue where launching CS5 products causes CS6 products to revert to trial mode and need to be relicensed. This updated version will get installed automatically when launching AAM in the very near future, but if you are interested it getting it immediately it can be download and installed from the links below.

Windows
http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4773

Macintosh
http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4774

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2012 Jul 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 10, 2012 Jun 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also been experiencing the erroneous behavior of the CC licensing scheme. The applications continue to behave as if in "trial" mode. There are dialogs to reboot the computer, occassional dialogs to enter a serial number, and generally confusing language in the authentication dialog. As buggy as this is currently, (and there are plenty of users experiencing and documenting the problem) Adobe is not even close to meeting Kim's statement about how this is "supposed" to work.

At what point after years (decades) of owning and licensing Adobe products and having an Adobe profile am I "trusted"  Speaking for myself I'd much rather pay for a whole year in one shot if that would mean I don't have to endure these superfluous, and at the moment, erroneous checks. The authentications are not occuring once a month, but almost every time a CC app is launched.

The Adobe support person I talked to last week in India was uniformed on these issues. Rather than being helpful and seeking to document an issue he had not yet encountered, he seemed intent on explaining that what I was seeing couldn't happen... if support is not trained to recognize that Adobe software can and does have many bugs, it is not worth my time to endure the 30-minute wait time, horrible smooth jazz track that repeats endlessly and the oft-promised "this call may be recorded for purpose of quality control"

Some of us still make a living with your software Adobe. I don't have hours to spend on the phone convincing your contractors that things are NOT going according to their script. Nor can I rely on Creative Cloud when I'm off on assignment, often with sketchy connectivity, to work without interruption. These problems are easily solved if you would engage with some of us. I actually live within 1-mile of your San Jose HQ and would happily come over one morning and explain how you can resolve this problem in UI terms and in the way you deal with customers.

I used to be able to rely on Adobe support for answers to very rare issues. These days the problems are more common and the support is abysmal. And here's what I AM going to do about this. Every time I open a CC cloud app and encounter these problems I'm going to tweet the problem, every time until this is fixed. I hope others here will do the same.

adobe_error.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 11, 2012 Jun 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe clearly has no intention of offering any real help with this. Thier support techs claim they can't call me even though they have called me before and I get calls on my line all day every day from others. It seems that all Adobe can offer are lame excuses or blatant denial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 05, 2012 Jul 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's clear from the multitude of support issues being discussed on this forum that Creative Cloud is not ready for commercial release.

For any cloud version of a professional application to be acceptable to users, there has to be a 100% confidence that the app will work wherever you are.

Every time, without fail.

Online or offline.

No exceptions.

I had ordered Creative Cloud and have returned the product for a refund.

It would be professional suicide to have the package stop working when I'm out in the field or speaking in front of an audience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 05, 2012 Jul 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree there appears to be some validation and verification issues and the "every 30 days license validation" is broken. I hope these issues will be resolved soon. i have not seen any acknowledgement from Adobe that there is a problem. just referral to the FAQ that says everything is "fine". I too want to subscribe, so lets get this fixed. please.  Lynn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2012 Jul 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has got to get this fixed!  The once every 30 day validation is nice, but please give customers something like a 15 day grace period or check 15 days before expiration to give customers an early warning to connect to the network.  Give a paying loyal customer some time to connect to the network is reasonable, but no immediate shutdown please.  That is not the way to treat a paying and long-time loyal customer.  Customers don't want to find out they can't run the software they paid for just after they boarded a long international flight, or have an internet outage due to storms, etc...   We just had massive storm outages in the North East US, and this included taking out internent and some cell towers with 3G internet access too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 06, 2012 Jul 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to go through more daily updates and applications not working at critical times this week. Adobe is clearly doing nothing to help. This is taking hours and days of my time to deal with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines