Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

I can print document it only will print to file

May 3, 2012 5:26 AM

I have in design CS5.5 and I am trying to print a simple letter. I select file/print... and in the print dialog box I have the printer selected but when I goto print it keeps sending me to the 'print to file' dialog box. Can someone give me a hand. Thanks

Dan

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 3, 2012 5:31 AM   in reply to dvollmer57

Have you tried trashing your prefs? See Replace Your Preferences

|
    Mark as:
    May 3, 2012 6:13 AM   in reply to dvollmer57

Please post screeen captures of the print dialog. Use the cmaera icon on the web page to embed them in a post like this:

CameraIcon.png

|
    Mark as:
    May 3, 2012 6:29 AM   in reply to dvollmer57

You have to be very fast withthe keyboard to use that method. Try again and watch for the confirmation alert.

The files you need to delete are hidden, so you must set Explorer to show hidden files if you want to use the manual method. In Explorer, Tools > Folder Options... then the View tab. If you don't see the Menu Bar in Explorer, click Organize, then Layout and show the menu bar. The paths to the folders are listed in the link. You'll need to susstitute your own username and the version number/language for your version.

|
    Mark as:
    May 3, 2012 7:54 AM   in reply to dvollmer57

Use the Print Screen button on the keyboard to copy the screen to the clipboard, then paste into Photoshop, Windows Paint, or another image editor. Save as .png.

There's also a new patch for CS5.5, 7.5.3, just released that you should install. Help > Updates...

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points