Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Will I need to download a Cloud version of Lightroom 4?

May 3, 2012 9:09 AM

As I understand it, Lightroom 4 will not be included in Creative Cloud when it is available on May 7, butt will be later.  Will I have to download a different version of LR4 when it becomes available or will my current version beaujtomatically included?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 3, 2012 1:34 PM   in reply to BobZ30

It will be the same version as what you already have, so you wouldn't need to download it again.

|
    Mark as:
    May 3, 2012 2:10 PM   in reply to BobZ30

Correct

|
    Mark as:
    May 4, 2012 12:23 PM   in reply to BobZ30

Hi David,

is Lightroom 4 a free Creative Cloud compoent or do we have to pay more to get it? Why is it released later?

Thank you.

Alan

|
    Mark as:
    May 4, 2012 12:43 PM   in reply to AlanRei

Hi Alan,

Lightroom 4 will be included as part of the Creative Cloud Membership at no additional charge. I think the delay relates to the timing of the decision of whether it should or shouldn't be included.

-Dave

|
    Mark as:
    May 4, 2012 12:53 PM   in reply to David__B

It's a real great thing to include Lightroom in the Creative Cloud, as a Photoshop customer since many years, I was always thinking to buy also Lightroom, but not having an "upgrade" option from PS or a bundled version until now, stopped me from buying it.

As I told before, Creative Cloud is a little too expensive here in Europe, I'm thinking to upgrade to it, but I want to wait if there will be a price re-thinking also...

Thank you for the answer.

Alan

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2012 3:18 AM   in reply to BobZ30

What if I previously purchased LR4 before Cloud?  I get to keep it if I cancel my Cloud after a year.  Any discounts for having it already?

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2012 2:35 PM   in reply to madpres

If you purchased a perpetual license previously then you can always keep it but there is no discount for having it already.

-Dave

|
    Mark as:
    May 11, 2012 2:41 AM   in reply to David__B

When will Lightroom be included? It's not showing up as included now, and as the major apps I use are Lightroom, Photoshop, Illustrator plus occasionally indesign, it's definitely not worth my time paying for the Creative Cloud unless Lightroom is included.

I've got another three weeks of the LR4 trial so it's not urgent yet, but if it's not available soon, then I'll have to upgrade my standalone version of LR4, and that makes the subscription not worth the money. I am not going to pay for Lightroom twice.

|
    Mark as:
    May 26, 2012 4:08 AM   in reply to David__B

If the delay "relates to the timing of the decision of whether it should or shouldn't be included," does that mean the decision is still unsetteled? Or, is Lightroom definitely coming and delayed because the decision was made too late to include it with the launch programs? I certainly don't want to purchase Lightroom only to find it later included, missing the reimbursement by a few days or some other techinical distinction.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points