Skip navigation
FrankTeyFC
Currently Being Moderated

Issue with Garbage Matte in Premiere Pro CS6 trial version on Mac OS X Lion

May 3, 2012 9:30 AM

Hi there,

I have an issue with Premiere Pro CS6 (running in 30 days trial mode) and the Garbage Matte effect on Mac OS X Lion (64bit kernel, 8GB mem, 2010 Macbook Pro). I made a simple test setup with 2 tracks: lower one a blank video and top one Bars and Tones. I then applied a Four-Point Garbage Matte effect to the top one and dragged the corners inwards, see the attached screenshot. The points do move inwards, but the matte is not applied, see pink arrow. When I render out the clip the matte is still not applied. Similar  results using the other garbage mattes. Any ideas?

R, Frank

garbagematte.jpg

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 3, 2012 9:34 AM   in reply to FrankTeyFC

What happens if you put a real video on track 1?

|
    Mark as:
    May 3, 2012 11:14 AM   in reply to FrankTeyFC

Is this with OpenCL mode enabled?  If so, does it work in software mode?  (Project Settings - General - Video Rendering & Playback)

|
    Mark as:
    May 4, 2012 11:02 AM   in reply to FrankTeyFC

So I'm not sure what to tell you.  I just tried it on mac, and it's working here.  Since you're running in standard CPU mode, that should be a software composite in the render.  I'm going to bounce this around, see if anyone else has any ideas.

|
    Mark as:
    May 4, 2012 4:10 PM   in reply to FrankTeyFC

Try this:

1. enable an opacity keyframe, no need to tweek or

2. nest the clip first then add the garbage matte.

|
    Mark as:
    May 6, 2012 2:02 AM   in reply to FrankTeyFC

FrankTeyFC wrote:

As far as I can tell the other effects seem to work ok. Is there an effect which operates in a similar way that I could try?

If you only need a rectangle like in the example above, you can  use:

Transform-> Crop

--

and keep smiling

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 1, 2012 2:30 AM   in reply to FrankTeyFC

I am having this same exact problem.  I have a mid-2011 iMac (latest model) 3.4 GHz i7, 20GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2048 MB.  All of the other effects seem to work fine, but i have this same issue with all of the garbage mattes.  I have just seen this thread and am wondering if there has been any progress or insights to finding a solution.  I do use 4 point masks that are not exasctly square/rectangular so the crop work around won't exactly work for me.  I can also make a shape and use an image mask but that takes a bit longer than a quick garbage mask.

Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Best,

PhotoMeyer

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 17, 2012 7:30 AM   in reply to FrankTeyFC

FrankTeyFC,

Not sure if this will fix your problem, but mine is now fixed.  I just installed OSX 10.8 (the Gold Master) and my garbage masks are working just fine now.  I had CUDA drivers installed, which now don't work because of the OSX upgrade, so there is a really good chance that there is a problem or conflict with the CUDA drivers (that you may be using) and the garbabe mask function.  It does make sense anyway.  If possible, try disabling, or uninstalling your CUDA drivers and see if that fixes your issue.

- PhotoMeyer

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points