Skip navigation
AlanRei
Currently Being Moderated

1 Euro is not 1 US Dollar!!!

May 4, 2012 1:36 AM

Hi all,

I'm not the first one on this issue, so, again, I understand the translation prices, I understand the taxes, I understand everything, but why in the world a CLOUD based service, without physical shipment can cost 50$ in the US and 61 Euros in Italy/Europe (and more in Australia)??? 50 USD is now 38 Eur, add the local taxes (in Italy is 21%) and we get 46 Euro, now add some 4 Euros for the glory of Adobe Europe, that's roughly 50 Euros, not 61!!! And the offer for your loyal customers is going from 30 USD (less than 23 EUR) to a nice 30 EUR + local taxes.

C'mon Adobe, don't you think you are pushing a little too much?

Bye

Alan

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 8, 2012 2:08 PM   in reply to AlanRei

Hi Alan,

I wanted to acknowledge your feedback, its not something I can change and I can't provide more of an explanation beyond what has already been communicated but it hasn't gone unnoticed and I will continue to share it internally (within Adobe) as a common customer concern.

-Dave

|
    Mark as:
    May 12, 2012 2:27 AM   in reply to AlanRei

I totally agree, its a global service and it made me think long and hard about even signing up to the service, I'm also very disapointed with the "Creative Cloud" share - we really need better commenting functions, maybe even markups & ability to share folders etc...

Cheers

Tom

|
    Mark as:
    May 12, 2012 2:56 AM   in reply to tomdesigneruk

we understand your feedbacks and frustrations, but as you all aware about the pricing and tax structure, is different for different conutries,

so being a cloud based service doesnt mean that it will priced same for all geos.

We have to follow the financial rules and taxation as well.

Its been always the same .. The pricing for softwares was never same for all geos..

|
    Mark as:
    May 12, 2012 8:17 AM   in reply to Baljeet Juneja

Its been always the same .. The pricing for softwares was never same for all geos..

No time like the present to stop being greedy and start treating customers with respect.

|
    Mark as:
    May 12, 2012 2:10 PM   in reply to PIX10

Speaking to the sharing and collaboration. More is coming. Really. Your voice is heard.

Here is an Adobe blog post with more info: http://blogs.adobe.com/creativecloud/coming-soon-to-creative-cloud/.

|
    Mark as:
    May 13, 2012 2:53 AM   in reply to AlanRei

Totally agree. Been looking forward to adobe cloud, but 61,49 € is like a kick in the ****. Utter disrespect for your european customers, treating them like milkers.

It's less then a month, a price of 49,99 € was communicated, even from adobe itself:

http://press.adobe.com/cgi-bin/pr.cgi?show=content;rel_id=1876

49,99 € is already a 30% surcharge, lot more than even the highest available tax in any european country. What happened in the last 20 days, that made you belive you can even double that surcharge on short notice? One year membership costs more now, than a master upgrade imported from the US. Where's the point in that? And this is your secret weapon against open source software and piracy? I'm not some overpriced market analyst, but that's not gonna work guys.

And for all US readers, that's 80 $ per month we're talking about well actually feels more like

|
    Mark as:
    May 14, 2012 6:36 PM   in reply to AlanRei

Lightroom is coming in a few weeks. Tweet post from Jeff Veen https://twitter.com/#!/veen/status/200810541550288896

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 10, 2012 5:49 AM   in reply to AlanRei

adobe is fu**ing with us (european customers)! in the long term, this won´t pay off.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 10, 2012 6:19 AM   in reply to AlanRei

@AlanRei: yes, right now we don´t have much of a choice ... but if someone comes up with an alternative to adobes products (or at least some of them), there´s a huge chance it´ll work out well. that´s probably the time when adobe will back down – but hey, too late, sorry. whatever, just wishful thinking. in the meantime, go for cracks!

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 25, 2012 3:28 PM   in reply to AlanRei

Perfect logic there, to me, this spells ABUSE.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 20, 2012 1:58 AM   in reply to AlanRei

I have to agree this is clearly a bad deal for European customers. The cancel anytime offer is over 55% more expensive.

€59 for US customers

€92 for EU customers

If the US has a sales tax of 10% the net value is around €54. If it's purely a tax issue, that means Adobe are paying 70% tax in the EU.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 5, 2013 12:54 PM   in reply to AlanRei

discrimination..

|
    Mark as:
    May 21, 2013 7:19 AM   in reply to RegisMachado

Clear and simple.

Perhaps we should report Adobe to the European Commission?

A hefty fine for abusing their European customers (like Microsoft was fined with) can do wonders to fix things.

|
    Mark as:
    May 21, 2013 7:54 AM   in reply to foljs

So it's been a year, seems nothing at all was done internally, regarding prices or many things otherwise.

foljs wrote:

Perhaps we should report Adobe to the European Commission? A hefty fine for abusing their European customers (like Microsoft was fined with) can do wonders to fix things.

Adobe seems to fail to even begin to listen to the outcries from longstanding and loyal customers, but if their profits and sales get hampered perhaps then they might look to focus on how they hurt themselves by harming their consumers. Historically however Adobe seems too inept to see or understand even basic customers needs (lack of long standing bug fixes, features introduced decades late or missing, removing perpetual licenses for consumers, lies and misinformation concerning the Creative Cloud, etc.). The list is long regarding Adobe's failures to its customers in pursuit of profits and the lengths in which they will go to obtain them.

|
    Mark as:
    May 21, 2013 8:56 AM   in reply to W_J_T

Ken

Thanks for the blog link, a suitable post decrying the anti-customer antics of Adobe management has been posted.

For a long term Adobe user (20y in my case) the whole CC sucks

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points