Skip navigation
bad959fl
Currently Being Moderated

Save For Web Default Settings

May 4, 2012 9:39 AM

I need to compress about 1,000 jpg images and I'm using the "save for web" feature in Photoshop 7 but I'm running into problems because my file names are very long and its cutting them off. I found the workaround by editing the output settings and unchecking the "Mac OS" box under "Filename Compatibility". However, the problem is that the default settings do not stay like this once I hit OK and I end up having to uncheck the Mac OS box for each and every file. Is there a way to permanently change the default settings so I can do batch processing for all my images? Thanks!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 4, 2012 9:48 AM   in reply to bad959fl

When you are at the "save for web" window, there is a little down arrow at the far top right corner of that window (optimize menu). Click on that, go to Edit Output Settings. In the second drop down, select "Saving Files". Create your custom workflow, then save that preset. When you start saving your images, make sure to use this preset when given the option.

|
    Mark as:
    May 4, 2012 9:52 AM   in reply to Shan-Dysigns

This might help.

Untitled-2.png

|
    Mark as:
    May 4, 2012 2:45 PM   in reply to bad959fl

If you record an action and uncheck the Mac Os box does the setting not record in the action?

Also if your on windows vista or 7, you might have run ps 7 as an administrator to get those settings to stick.

(just running ps 7 once as an administrator should do, then you can run it normally after that)

|
    Mark as:
    May 4, 2012 3:09 PM   in reply to bad959fl

After trying ps 7 it doesn't look like that setting is recorded in the action nor a preset, so try running ps 7 as an administrator, set that option and hopefully it should stick in the future.

|
    Mark as:
    May 4, 2012 4:22 PM   in reply to R_Kelly

Look in:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Photoshop 7.0\Presets\Optimized Output Settings

for the Default Settings.iros.

If it's gone look in:

C:\Users\Your Name\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Photoshop 7.0\Presets\Optimized Output Settings

(i think a reinstall is required to get back that preset if it's gone and you want the default)

As far as i can tell you would have to save a new Default Settings.iros to make ps 7 use the custom file compatibilty settings all the time.

You could save a new setting named Default Settings.iros to your desktop and then copy it to:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Photoshop 7.0\Presets\Optimized Output Settings

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points